Applications are invited by the Punjab Public Service Commission for the posts of Social Work Lecturer. The Higher Education Department has announced jobs for the both male and female candidates. All the aspirants who have the domicile of Province Punjab are eligible for the posts. The PPSC will conduct recruitment test from the applicants after reviewing the application. Individuals should have the required qualification to become able for such jobs. Here we mentioned all the information with complete details you must read it till end.
PPSC Social Work Lecturer Jobs Test Syllabus:
Social Work syllabus is 80% consist of Social Worksubject while 20% paper consists of General Knowledge subjects. The total marks of the paper are 100 and the total time is 90 minutes.
|03||Mark of Each Question
SYLLABUS FOR THE SUBJECT OF SOCIAL WORK
- Introduction To Social Welfare
1. Definition and Scope
2. Historical Perspective of Social Welfare in Pakistan
2. Pakistani Society
- Definition and description of the term “Society”
- Characteristics of Pakistani Society
- Comparison of Rural and Urban Communities
- Definition and description of the term “Culture” and its importance
- Characteristics of Pakistani Culture
- Influence of allied cultures on Pakistani Culture
- Social norms-definition and stages (i.e. folkways, more and laws)
- Socialization-definition and description and factors of socialization (i.e. Family, Neighborhood, Peer group, Religious Institute. Educational Institutions, Mass media and
4. Social Institutions
- Definition and description of “Social Institutions”
- Types of Social Institutions: Primary, Secondary
- Functions of the following:
- Family Institution – Religious Institution
- Political Institution – Economic Institution
- Educational Institution – Recreational Institution
- Importance of social
5. Social Change
- Definition and area of “Social Change”
- Process and effects of social change on Society
- Factors which promote and hinder social change
6. Social Problems of Pakistan
- Major and explanation of social problems
- General causes of social problems
- Major social problems of Pakistan (An orientation)
- Drug addition – Illiteracy
- Over population – Beggary
- Juvenile delinquency – Environment
- Crime – Violence
- Child labor
- Child abuse and neglect
- Bonded labor
- A. Friedlander, Introduction to Social Welfare. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, U.S.A.
- S. Livingston, Social Work in Pakistan, Lahore, West Pakistan Social welfare Council.
- Arthur C. Fink, The field of Social work, new Your, Hold, Rinehart, 6th 1974.
- Skidmore Thackeray, Introduction to Social Work, New Jersey, Prentice-Hall,
- Elizabeth A. Ferguson, Social Work, an Introduction. New York, Lippinco H.
- Ogburn Nimkoff, Hand Book of Sociology, London Rout ledge and Kegan
- Sociology and Social Change, Amanda Coffey, open University Press, Celftic Court 22 Ball moor Buckingham MK 18
- B. Horton, The Sociology of Social Problems, New York Prentice Hall.
- Abdul Hameed Taga, 1999, Sociology & Problems, Abdul Hameed & Sons, Publisher, Lahore.
- Khalid, Social Work methods and Practical, Kifayat Academy Karachi, 1995.
Paper – II
1. Nature and Philosophy of Social Work
- Definition and philosophical base of social work
- Objectives of social work practice
- Basic principles of social work
- Professional and voluntary social work
2. Islam and Social Work
- Islamic concept of social welfare and professional social
- Worth and dignity of
- Rights and responsibilities of individuals in Islamic
- Social relationship in Islam i.e. Family, Neighborhood,
3. Methods of Social Work
1. Social Casework
- Definition and description of social case work
- Elements/Components of social case work (person, problem, place, professional person and process)
- Principles of social case work
- Phases/steps in social case work
- Fields of application of social case work practice
- Role of Professional worker in case work practice
ii. Social Group work
- Definition and description of social group
- Types of social groups (primary and secondary, formal and informal groups)
- Stages of group development
- Definition of social group work and its philosophy
- Objectives of social group work
- Components of social group work (group, agency, and group worker)
- Principles of social group work
- Fields of application of group work practice
- Role of professional worker in-group work practice
iii. Community Development
- Definition and description of community
- Definition of community organization and development
- Objectives of Community Development
- Phases/steps in community development (study of monitoring and evaluation)
- Principles of community development
- Role of professional worker in community
1. Social Research
- Definition and description of social research
- Phases/steps in social research
- Tools of data collection (questionnaire, interviewing schedule, Interview guide and observation)
ii) Social Action, Policy and Administration
- Definition and description of social welfare administration
- Importance of social welfare administration in social work
iii) Social Action
- Definition and description of social action
- Importance of social action in social welfare
4. Fields/Area of Social Work
- School social work
- Medical social work
- Community development
- Child welfare
- Youth welfare
- Women welfare
- Welfare of the Physically disabled
- Welfare of the mental retarded
- Welfare of the socially dis-advantaged
- Welfare of the Juvenile Delinquents and Adult Criminals
5. Role of Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies in Socio-Economic Development
- Definition and description of social welfare agency
- Types of social welfare agencies (government, semi-government, voluntary/NGOs)
- Role of the voluntary social welfare agencies, socio-economic development
- Friendlander M. Concepts and Methods of social work, Prentice-Hall, N.W. Jersey.
- Hamilton, Gordon, Principles of Case, Recording, New York Columbian University Press.
- Perelman, Halen, Social Case Work, A Problem solving process, Chicago The University of the Chicago Press.
- Richmond, Mary, Social Diagnosis, New York, Russell Foundation
- Douglas Tom, Group Work Practice, Cambridge, Tailstock publication, 1976
- Arthur Dunham, 1958, Community Welfare Organization Principles & Techniques Thomas Y. Crowell Company, New York, p-14
- Arthur Dunham, 160. Community Development, p.p. 178-186 in social Work Year Book, Edited by Russell H. Kurtz, New York, national Association of Social
Social Work Test Topics
- Affordable Care Act
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Conversion therapy
- Early intervention programs
- Elder abuse
- Family caregiving
- Foster care
- Gender pay gap
- Grief counseling
- Group care
- Human trafficking
- Informal economy
- Interracial adoption
- Intimate partner violence
- Juvenile justice system
- Mental illness
- Mentoring program
- Nutrition assistance programs
- People experiencing homelessness
- People with disabilities
- Restorative community programs
- Sexual assault; Sexual harassment
- Social justice
- Substance abuse
- Welfare reform
Eligibility of Social Work Lecturer Post:
- Master in Social Work at least 2d division.
- Female age: 21-28 years age 08 years age relaxation.
- Male age: 21-28 years age 05 years age relaxation.
- Punjab Domicile.
PPSC Syllabus For Social Work Lecturer 2021 Sample Test Pattern
What is the Eligibility of the Job?
What is the passing marks?
How I find out my age for application:
If the date of birth of a candidate is 15 August 1970 and the closing date for receipt of application in the PPSC office is 07-02-1998; the age will be calculated as under:
|Date of Birth
|Age on the closing date:||1+23||08||27|
All Pakistani can apply for Job?
What is the procedure for the submission of Online Application?
Does a candidate need to submit hard copies of documents in addition to applying online?
What qualification is required in PPSC Lecturer BS-17 Post?
How is PPSC merit calculated?
What is negative marking in PPSC?
How age relaxation is given in case of upper age limit?
- Candidates who are interested and want to apply they must read the guideline carefully.
- To apply for the PPSC Lecturer Jobs aspirants must fulfill the required eligibility criteria.
- After meeting the eligibility individuals open the PPSC online portal through this site.
- First, you open the PPSC official website and click the Apply Online button.
- A new page will appear on the screen. You can select the desired job in this form.
- The application form will open on the screen you just fill the application form correctly and click the fill the application form.
- On the next page, you have to upload the photograph and CNIC front and Back image.
- The photographs must be the size of 25KB. Otherwite it will not be accepted.
- Attach you complete documents required in the application and click the Apply Online button.
- Open the PPSC website and scroll down until you find the challan form.
- Download the challan form and take print of it.
- Fill the challan form and submit it to the designated bank.
- Bank Draft or Pay Order or Cheque or any such instrument will not be accepted as fee by the Commission.
- After submitting the challan fee you will get the Original Receipt which will be submitted at the time of interview/viva voce.
- Medical Fitness Certificate issued by the Medical Superintendent District Head Quarters Hospital or Services Hospital is required.
Q: Tell me about yourself?
Q: Are you applying for other jobs?
Q: What experience do you have in this field?
Q: How would your friends and family describe you as a person?
Q: Why did you leave your last job?
Q: Tell me about your weaknesses?
Q: Why do you want to work for this organization?
Q: What do you know about this organization?
Q: What have you done to improve yourself in the last year?
Q: What kind of supervision brings out the best in you?
You Might Also Like
- PPSC Lecturer Test Date 2021 Schedule and Interview Date lis...
- ECAT Engineering Entry Test 2021 English Direct and Indirect...
- MDCAT Medical Entry Test 2021 English Prepositions MCQS Onli...
- DUET Entry Test 2021 Preparation Online MCQS Test English Ma...
- ZTBL Zarai Taraqiati Bank Jobs 2021 Test Preparation Online ...
- PPSC Subject Specialist SS Jobs Test Preparation Online
- NTS Nursing Diploma Test Online Preparation Mcqs With Answer...
- PPSC Test Preparation Mcqs Online Model Sample Papers Downlo...
- NTS LHV Test Admission Preparation Online Solved Mcqs
- PPSC Jobs 2021 June for Professors Posts Urology Oncology De...