PPSC reported an instructor about the English lecturer vacancies in Punjab Higher Education Communication which has 330 posts for male applicants and for females. They call the Master in English literature candidates to apply. Candidates must peruse the terms and conditions of the occupations and afterward apply them on the web. Other than online applications won’t be acknowledged. The Aspirants have the Punjab territory residence is qualified to apply. Applicants need to well find out about legitimate guidelines, test schedule, qualification models, last date, test date, roll no slip data, and other data.
PPSC English Lecturer Jobs Test Syllabus:
The English syllabus is 80% consist of English subjects while 20% paper consists of General Knowledge subjects. The total marks of the paper are 100 and the total time is 90 minutes.
|03||Mark of Each Question
PPSC English Lecturer Jobs test 2021 Syllabus:
DRAMA AND POETRY
Description: The readings in this paper focus on selected creative works (Drama and Poetry) written or translated into the English language. These readings are wide in scope, offering debate over the contemporary cross-genre and cross-disciplinary interpretations. In general, the candidates are expected to:
- Display some background historical knowledge and prove their interest in literary writing.
- Talk about some basic elements/features of drama and poetry through a comprehensive and understandable expression and relate it to the composition of literary
- Comprehend and comment critically and analytically about the suggested readings.
- Draw on comparisons and contrasts between the classical and the popular, the real and the fantastic, the different and the common, or even between elusive versus illusive and “good” versus “not good”.
- Form and express an independent viewpoint about these
SELECTED READINGS (Primary Texts) Drama
- Sophocles: Oedipus Rex
- William Shakespeare: The Tempest and Romeo and Juliet
- B. Shaw. Pygmalion
- John Osborne: Look Back in Anger
- Eugene O’ Neil: The Hairy Ape
- Arthur Miller: Death of a Salesman
- Marsha Norman: O’ Night Mother
- William Shakespeare: Like as the waves make towards the pebble, Sonnet 30
- John Donne: Death Be Not Proud
- John Keats: Ode to Nightingale
- William Wordsworth: Ode to Immortality
- Samuel Coleridge: Kubla Khan
- Walt Whiteman: One’s Self I Sing
- B. Yeats: The Second Coming
- S. Eliot: The Wasteland
- Maya Angelou: Women Work
- Robert Frost: Mending Wall, The Road not Taken
- Sameus Heaney: Digging
- Sylvia Plath: Morning Song
- Taufeeq Rafat: The Stone Chat
- Daud Kamal: The Water Carrier
- Alamgir Hashmi: Autumnal, Pakistan Movement
Fiction and Non-Fiction
Description: The readings in this paper focus on selected creative works (Fiction [Novel and Short Story] and Non-fiction[Prose(Essays) and Literary Criticism) written or translated into the English Language. These readings offer debate over the contemporary cross-genre and cross-disciplinary interpretations. In general, the candidates are expected to:
- Display some background historical knowledge and prove and interest in wide readings.
- Talk about some basic elements/features of fictions and non-fictions through comprehensive
- Express creative and critical ideas about these readings
- Draw on comparisons and contrasts between the classical and the popular, the real and the fantastic, and the different and the
- Form an independent viewpoint about these
SELECTED READINGS (Primary Texts) Fiction: Novel/ Short Story
- Daniel Defoe: Robinson Crusoe
- Jonathan Swift: Gulliver’s Travels
- Jane Austen: Pride and Prejudice
- Charles Dickens: A Tale of Two Cities
- Virginia Woolf: To the Lighthouse
- Rudyard Kipling: Kim
- Ernest Hemingway: A Farewell to Arms
- Chinua Ache be: Things Fall Apart
- Harper Lee: To Kill a Mocking Bird
- Bapsi Sidhwa: Ice Candy Man
- Paulo Coelho: The Pilgrimage
- Oscar Wilde: Rose and the Nightingale (Short Story)
- Naguib Mahfouz: The Mummy Awakens (Short Story)
- Guy de Maupassant: The String (Short Story)
- Kate Chopin: The Story of an Hour (Short Story)
Non-Fiction: Prose (Essays) / Literary Criticism
- Aristotle: The Poetics
- Francis Bacon: On Studies
- Charles Lamb: Chimney Sweeper
- Ngugi Wa Thiong’ O: On Abolition of the English Department
- Dale Spender: Man-Made Language
- Frantz Fanon: “ On National Culture” from The Wretched of the Earth
- Edward Said; “Introduction” to Culture and Imperialism
SOME SUGGESTED SECONDARY READINGS
- Boris Ford, The New Pelican Guide to English Literature. 1-9. London: Penguin
- William Henry Hudson, An Introduction to the Study of Literature, London,
- Rene Wellek and Austin Warren, Theory of Literature. London: Penguin, 1982
- Kitto, H.D. Greek Tragedy, London, and NY: Routledge,2002.
- Bradley, C. Shakespearean Tragedy(22nd Ed.) London:1929
- Gassner, Form, and Idea in Modern Theatre. NY:1954
- H. Abrams, ed., English Romantic Poets: Modern Essays in Criticism,1960
- Allen, Walter, The English Novel. London: Penguin
- Brogan, H. Pelican History of the USA, 1986
- Loomba, Ania. Colonialism /Postcolonialism. London: Routledge,1998
- Booker, Keith M.A. Practical Introduction to Literary Theory and NY:
- Longman, 1996
- Pirie, How to Write Critical Essays. Methuen, 1985.
PPSC English Lecturer Test 2021 Important Topics:
- Stress, rhythm, and intonation
- Regional variation
- Nouns and noun phrases
- Pronouns, case, and person
- Verbs and verb phrases
- Tense, aspect, and mood
- Phrasal verbs
- Verbs and verb phrases
- Tense, aspect and mood
- Phrasal verbs
Eligibility of English Lecturer Post:
- Master in English at least 2d division.
- Female age: 21-28 years age 08 years age relaxation.
- Male age: 21-28 years age 05 years age relaxation.
- Punjab Domicile.
PPSC Syllabus for English Lecturer 2021 Sample Test Pattern
What is the Eligibility of the Job?
What is the passing marks?
How I find out my age for application:
If the date of birth of a candidate is 15 August 1970 and the closing date for receipt of application in the PPSC office is 07-02-1998; the age will be calculated as under:
|Date of Birth
|Age on the closing date:||1+23||08||27|
All Pakistani can apply for Job?
What is the procedure for the submission of Online Application?
Does a candidate need to submit hard copies of documents in addition to applying online?
What qualification is required in PPSC Lecturer BS-17 Post?
How is PPSC merit calculated?
What is negative marking in PPSC?
How age relaxation is given in case of upper age limit?
- Candidates who are interested and want to apply they must read the guideline carefully.
- To apply for the PPSC Lecturer Jobs aspirants must fulfill the required eligibility criteria.
- After meeting the eligibility individuals open the PPSC online portal through this site.
- First, you open the PPSC official website and click the Apply Online button.
- A new page will appear on the screen. You can select the desired job in this form.
- The application form will open on the screen you just fill the application form correctly and click the fill the application form.
- On the next page, you have to upload the photograph and CNIC front and Back image.
- The photographs must be the size of 25KB. Otherwise it will not be accepted.
- Attach you complete documents required in the application and click the Apply Online button.
- Open the PPSC website and scroll down until you find the challan form.
- Download the challan form and take print of it.
- Fill the challan form and submit it to the designated bank.
- Bank Draft or Pay Order or Cheque or any such instrument will not be accepted as fee by the Commission.
- After submitting the challan fee you will get the Original Receipt which will be submitted at the time of interview/viva voce.
- Medical Fitness Certificate issued by the Medical Superintendent District Head Quarters Hospital or Services Hospital is required.
Q: Tell me about yourself?
Q: Are you applying for other jobs?
Q: What experience do you have in this field?
Q: How would your friends and family describe you as a person?
Q: Why did you leave your last job?
Q: Tell me about your weaknesses?
Q: Why do you want to work for this organization?
Q: What do you know about this organization?
Q: What have you done to improve yourself in the last year?
Q: What kind of supervision brings out the best in you?
You Might Also Like
- PPSC Punjab Land Records Authority Jobs 2021 Apply Online Ro...
- Primary & Secondary Healthcare Department PPSC Jobs 202...
- PPSC Lecturer Test Date 2021 Schedule and Interview Date lis...
- ECAT Engineering Entry Test 2021 English Direct and Indirect...
- MDCAT Medical Entry Test 2021 English Prepositions MCQS Onli...
- Anti Narcotics Force ANF UTS Written Test Online Preparation...
- Punjab Police Constable Jobs 2021 Online Written Test Prepar...
- School Health and Nutrition Supervisor Online Written Test P...
- PPSC Head Mistress Dy Headmaster Test Preparation Online Mcq...
- WAPDA Jobs 2021 Written Test Preparation Online Mcqs