PPSC announced the Computer Science Lecturer jobs 2021 for the candidates of all over Punjab. They call the master in Computer Science candidate applies online. On the other hand, the application form rejected. It’s advised to candidates that they must read all terms and conditions announced from the Punjab Public service Commission PPSC. From these terms and condition applicant become eligible for online apply. After apply online candidates must prepare their online test from this page. The syllabus of Computer Science is mention below.
PPSC Computer Science Lecturer Jobs Test Syllabus:
The Computer Science syllabus is 80% consist of Computer Science subject while 20% paper consists of General Knowledge subjects. The total marks of the paper are 100 and the total time is 90 minutes.
|03||Mark of Each Question
SYLLABUS FOR THE SUBJECT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE PAPER- I
- Introduction to Computing
Number Systems, Binary numbers, Boolean logic, History Computer system, basic machine organization, Von Neumann Architecture, Algorithm definition, design, and implementation, Programming paradigms and Languages, Graphical programming, Overview of Software Engineering and Information Technology, Operating system, Compiler, Computer networks and Internet, Computer graphics, Al, Social and legal issues.
2. Programming Solving Techniques
Algorithms and problem solving, development of basic Algorithms, analyzing problem, designing solution, testing designed solution, fundamental programming constructs, translation of algorithms to programmes, data types, control structures, functions, arrays, records, files, testing programmes.
- Computers: Information Technology in Perspective, 9/e by Larry Long and Nancy Long. Prentice Hall, 2002/ISBN: 0130929891
- An Invitation to Computer Science, Schneider and Gersting, Brooks/Cole Thomson Learning, 2000
- Computer Science: An overview of Computer Science, Sherer
- Programme Design with Pseudo-code, Bailey and Lundgaard, Brooks/Cole Publishing, 1988
- Simple Programme Design: A step-by-step approach, 4/e, Lesley Anne Robertson, ISBN: o-619-16046-2 ©
- Computer Communications & NetworksAnalogue and digital Transmission, Noise, Media, Encoding, Asynchronous and Synchronous transmission, Protocol design issues, Network System architecture (OSI, TCP/IP), Error control, Flow Control, Data Link Protocols (HDLC,PPP). Local Area Networks and MAC Layer protocols (Ethernet, Token ring), Multiplexing, Switching and IP Networks, Internetworking, Routing, Bridging, Transport layer protocols TCP/IP, UDP. Network security issues, Programming exercises or projects involving implementation of protocols at different layers.
2. Digital Logic & Computer Architecture
Logic design of Digital Systems, Fundamental and advanced concepts of Logic Designs, Boolean Algebra & functions, Designing and implementation of combinational and Sequential logic, minimization techniques, number representation and basic binary arithmetic Logic families and digital integrated circuits, use of CAD tools for logic designs. Topics of Computer Architecture.
- Introduction to Computer Networks, Tanenbaum
- Unix Network Programming, Richard
- Computer networks: a systems approach, Larry Peterson, Bruce Davie, Princeton Univ.,
- Digital Design, 2nd, M. Morris Mano, Prentice hall, 1991.
- Practical Digital Logic Design and Testing, P. K Lala, Prentice Hall, 1996.
- Operating Systems
History and Goals, Evolution of multi-user systems, Process and CPU management, Multithreading, Kernel and User Modes, Protection, Problems of cooperative processes, Synchronization, Deadlocks, Memory management and virtual memory, Relocation, External Fragmentation, Paging and Demand Paging, Secondary storage, Security and Protection, File systems, I/O systems, Introduction to distributed operating systems. Scheduling, dispatch and Introduction to concurrency.
- Applied Operating Systems Concepts, 6th Edition, Silberschatz , Peterson, J.L., & Galvin P.C. 1998.
- Modern Operating Systems, 2nd Edition, Tanenmaum A.S.,
PAPER II SECTION-
- Theory of Automata and Formal Languages.
Finite State Models: Language definitions preliminaries, Regular expressions/Regular languages, Finite automatas (FAs), Transition graphs (TGs),NF As, kleene’s theorem, Transducers (automata with output), Pumping lemma and non regular language Grammars and PDA: Context free grammars, Derivations, derivation trees and ambiguity, Simplifying CFLs , Normal form grammars and parsing, Push-down Automata, Pumping lemma and non-context free languages, Decidability, Chomsky’s hierarchy of grammars, Turing Machines Theory: Turing machines, Post machine, Variations on 1M, 1M encoding, Universal Turing Machine, Context sensitive Grammars, Defining Computers by TMs.
- Introduction to Computer Theory, Denial Cohen, John Wiley & Sons,
- Introduction to Automata Theory, Languages and Computation, J Hopcraft, D. Ullman.
- Languages and Machines, An Introduction to the Theory of Comp. Sc., 2/e Thomas A Sudkamp, Addison
2 Compiler Theory & Design
Compiler techniques and methodology. Organization of compilers. Lexical and syntax analysis. Parsing techniques. Object code generation and optimization, detection and recovery from errors. Comparison between compilers and interpreters.
- Compiler Design and Construction, by Alfred V. Aho, Ravi Sethi, Hardcover 2nd edition, 1987, Van Nostrand Reinhold,. ISBN: 0317636367.
3. Numerical Methods
Mathematical Preliminaries, Solution of Equations in one variable, Interpolation and Polynomial Approximation, Numerical Differentiation and Integration, Initial Value Problems for Ordinary Differential Equations, Direct Methods for Solving Linear Systems, Iterative Techniques in Matrix Algebra, Solution of non-linear equations, Approximation Theory, Eigenvalues and Eigenvector computation.
- Elements of Numerical Analysis, Dr. Faiz, M. Afzal
- Data Base Systems
Basic database concepts, Entity Relationship modelling, Relational data model and algebra, Structured Query language, RDBMS; Database design, functional dependencies and normal forms, Transaction processing and optimization concepts, concurrency control and recovery techniques, Database recovery techniques, Database security and authorization. Small Group Project implementing a database. Physical database design: Storage and file structure, indexed files, hashed files, signature files, b-trees, files with dense index, files with variable length records, database efficiency and tuning Data Warehousing and Data Mining, Emerging Database Technologies and Applications.
- Database Systems, C.J. Date, Addison Wesley Pub. Co. (2004).
- Database Systems: A Practical Approach to Design, Implementation and Management,
- R Connolly and P .Begg, Addison-Wesley Pub. Co (2003).
- Fundamentals of Database Systems, 3/E, Elmasri and Navathe, Addison- Wesley, ISBN: 0-201-74153-9.
2. Software Engineering
Software Engineering, Process Models, Software verification and validation. Techniques are introduced to evaluate software correctness, efficiency, performance and reliability, integration of these techniques into a verification and validation plan. Technical reviews, software testing, programme verification, prototyping, and requirement tracing. Attitude of industry toward reliability and performance.
- Software Engineering: A Practioner’s Approach, Roger Pressman, McGraw-Hill, 2001.
- Software Engineering, Ian Sommerville, Addison-Wesley 2001, ISBN: 0-201- 39815-X.
1. Artificial Intelligence
Introduction to Common Lisp. AI classical systems: General Problem Solver, rules, simple search, means-ends analysis. ElIZA, pattern matching, rule based translators, OPS-5. Knowledge Representation: Natural language, rules, productions, predicate logic, semantic networks, frames, objects, scripts. Searching, Depth first search, breadth first search, best first search, hill climbing, min-max search. Symbolic Mathematics: student solving algebra problems, translating English equations, solving algebraic equations, simplification rules, re- write rules, meta-rules, Macsyma, PRESS, ATLAS. Logic Programming: Resolution, unification, horn-clause logic, Prolog, Prolog programming. Sample case studies of shells and Knowledge Based Systems. A brief appreciation of state of the art computational techniques like neural networks, genetic algorithm, fuzzy sets.
- Artificial Intelligence by Luger, 4th edition, Pearson
2. Computer Graphics
Graphics hardware, Fundamental algorithms, Applications of graphics. Interactive graphics programming -graph plotting, windows and clipping, and segmentation. Programming raster display systems, panning and zooming. Raster algorithms and software Scan-Converting lines, characters and circles. Region filling and clipping. Two and three dimensional imaging geometry and transformations. Curve and surface design, rendering, shading, colour and animation.
- Computer Graphics, Principles and Practice, J. D. Foley, A van Dam, S. K. Feiner and F. Hughes, Addison-Wesley ISBN: 0-201-12110-
- Computer Graphics, F.S.Hi1I, Maxwell MacMillan ISBN: 0-02-354860-6.
FURTHER SUGGESTED READINGS
- Computers: Tools for an Information Age, 8th Ed. H I Capron, Adison Wesley, 2003. Paul
- Computer Concepts, 3rd Ed, ITP 1998; J.J.Parsond & D. Oja
- Galvin & Gagne, Operating System Concepts, 6th Ed. 2002. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. ISBN 0-471-41743-2.
- A.S., Modern Operating Systems, 2nd. Ed, 2001.
- Deitel & Deitel, C++, How to Program, 4th Ed. Prentice
- Tocci & Widmer, Digital Systems, Principles and Applications, 8th Ed.. Published by Pearson
- John F. Wakerly, Digital Designs, Principles & Practices, 3rd. Ed. Published by Prenice
- Morris Mano, Digital Logic & Computer Design, Prentice Hall, 1979, ISBN 0- 132-14510-3.
- Jim Keogh, C++, Programmers Notebook, 2nd
- Sipser, Introduction to the Theory of Computation, 2nd Ed. Thomson Course Technology,
- Ian Sommerville, Software Engineering, 6th Ed. Adison Wesley,2001 12. M. A. Weiss, Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in C. Pearson Education 2nd Ed. 1997.
- Elmasri & Navathe, Fundamentals of Database Systems, 4th
- Expert Systems and Applied Artificial Intelligence by Efrain Turban 15. Artificial Intelligence by Rich &
- Artificial Intelligence by George F.
- Donald Hearn and M. Pauline Baker. Computer Graphics and Open GL, 3rd
- Foley, Van Dam, Feiner, and Hughes, Computer Graphics Principle &
- Mathematical Structures for Computer Science, Freeman & Company; L.Gersting.
- Java Script; The Definitive Guide, 2nd Ed, O. Reilly, 1997. D. Flanagan. 21. The HTML, Sourcebook, Wiley 1996. I.S. Graham.
- Computer Science; An Overview 6th Addison Wesley, 1998. J.G. Brookshear.
- Java; An Object First Approach, Addison Wesley, 1996. F.
- Web Page Scripting Techniques, Hayden Books,1996. J. Bloomberg, J. Kawski. J & P.
- Kenneth H. Rosen, Discrete Mathematics and its Application, 5th Ed. 2003, McGraw-Hill.
- T .H. Cormen, C.E. Leiserson, R.L. Rivest, and C.D. Stein, Introduction of
Algorithms, MIT Press. 2nd Ed. 2001.
- Assembly language programming of IBM PC by Ytha Yu and Charles Marut. McGraw Hill,
- Saeed Bhatti & Naeem Bhatti, a first course in Numerical Analysis, 4th Ed.
- David A Patterson, John L. Hennessy, Computer Organization and Design, 3rd Ed.
- Hennessy, I. & Patterson .D.A., Computer Architecture; A quantitative Approach, 2nd Ed. Morgan Kaufmann, 1996.
- Introduction to Digital Systems by Ercegovac, Lang & Moreno, Wiley,
- Introduction to Wireless Systems by P.M. Shankar, John Wiley & Sons,2002.
- Advanced Digital Designs with the Verling HDL by Michael D. Ciletti. Prentice Hall,
Eligibility of Computer Science Lecturer Post:
- Master in Computer Science at least 2d division.
- Female age: 21-28 years age 08 years age relaxation.
- Male age: 21-28 years age 05 years age relaxation.
- Punjab Domicile.
Advanced Computer Quizzes
|HTML Test 1||jQuery||XML|
PPSC Syllabus for Computer Science Lecturer 2021 Sample Test Pattern
What is the Eligibility of the Job?
What is the passing marks?
How I find out my age for application:
If the date of birth of a candidate is 15 August 1970 and the closing date for receipt of application in the PPSC office is 07-02-1998; the age will be calculated as under:
|Date of Birth
|Age on the closing date:||1+23||08||27|
All Pakistani can apply for Job?
What is the procedure for the submission of Online Application?
Does a candidate need to submit hard copies of documents in addition to applying online?
What qualification is required in PPSC Lecturer BS-17 Post?
How is PPSC merit calculated?
What is negative marking in PPSC?
How age relaxation is given in case of upper age limit?
- Candidates who are interested and want to apply they must read the guideline carefully.
- To apply for the PPSC Lecturer Jobs aspirants must fulfill the required eligibility criteria.
- After meeting the eligibility individuals open the PPSC online portal through this site.
- First, you open the PPSC official website and click the Apply Online button.
- A new page will appear on the screen. You can select the desired job in this form.
- The application form will open on the screen you just fill the application form correctly and click the fill the application form.
- On the next page, you have to upload the photograph and CNIC front and Back image.
- The photographs must be the size of 25KB. Otherwise, it will not be accepted.
- Attach you complete documents required in the application and click the Apply Online button.
- Open the PPSC website and scroll down until you find the challan form.
- Download the challan form and take print of it.
- Fill the challan form and submit it to the designated bank.
- Bank Draft or Pay Order or Cheque or any such instrument will not be accepted as fee by the Commission.
- After submitting the challan fee you will get the Original Receipt which will be submitted at the time of interview/viva voce.
- Medical Fitness Certificate issued by the Medical Superintendent District Head Quarters Hospital or Services Hospital is required.
Q: Tell me about yourself?
Q: Are you applying for other jobs?
Q: What experience do you have in this field?
Q: How would your friends and family describe you as a person?
Q: Why did you leave your last job?
Q: Tell me about your weaknesses?
Q: Why do you want to work for this organization?
Q: What do you know about this organization?
Q: What have you done to improve yourself in the last year?
Q: What kind of supervision brings out the best in you?
You Might Also Like
- PPSC Lecturer Test Date 2021 Schedule and Interview Date lis...
- ECAT Engineering Entry Test 2021 English Direct and Indirect...
- MDCAT Medical Entry Test 2021 English Prepositions MCQS Onli...
- Join Pak Navy as Commissioned Officer 2021 Online Test Prepa...
- DUET Entry Test 2021 Preparation Online MCQS Test English Ma...
- Custom Intelligence Inspector Test Preparation Mcqs Online
- ZTBL Zarai Taraqiati Bank Jobs 2021 Test Preparation Online ...
- PPSC Subject Specialist SS Jobs Test Preparation Online
- NTS Nursing Diploma Test Online Preparation Mcqs With Answer...
- PPSC Test Preparation Mcqs Online Model Sample Papers Downlo...