If you want to know Interesting Facts about Pakistan so you must read the top interesting facts below. Pakistan officially name is “Islamic Republic of Pakistan” is a sovereign country in South Asia. Interesting Facts about Pakistan and its updates regarding Pakistan has been displayed. With a population exceeding 180 million people, it is the sixth most populous country and with an area covering 796,095 km2 (307,374 sq mi), it is the 36th largest country in the world in terms of area. Pakistan has a 1,046-kilometre (650 mi) coastline along the Arabian Sea and the Gulf of Oman in the south and is bordered by India to the east, Afghanistan to the west, Iran to the southwest and China in the far northeast. It is separated from Tajikistan by Afghanistan’s narrow Wakhan Corridor in the north, and also shares a marine border with Oman.
Interesting Facts about Pakistan in Urdu
- The name Pakistan means ‘land of the pure’ in Persian and Urdu.
- This year Pakistan set a world record for the most saplings planted in a day, with an impressive 750,000 mangrove tree sapling.
- Pakistan is the world’s second-largest producer of chickpeas behind India.
- In 1979 Abdus Salam won Pakistan’s only Nobel Prize by sharing the physics award.
- In the last five years, Pakistan’s literacy rate has grown by 250%, the largest increase in any country to date.
- World’s youngest certified Microsoft Experts Arfa Kareem (Late) and Babar Iqbal are from Pakistan.
- Fourth largest broadband internet system of world is in Pakistan.
- Pakistan is notable for having one of the best trained air-force pilots in the world.
- Pakistan has the sixth-largest population in the world, exceeded only by China, India, the United States of America, Indonesia and Brazil.
- Ustaad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, hailed as the most important Qawwali singer of the 20th century and received many awards around the globe such as The “Legends” award at the UK Asian Music Awards (2005).
- Air Commodore MM ALAM (Late) has a world record of shooting down 5 planes in less than a Minute.
- Pakistan has the sixth largest military force in the world.