Facebook is an online social networking service top site his headquartered in Menlo Park, California. Facebook was founded on February 4, 2004, by Mark Zuckerberg with his college roommates and fellow Harvard University students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes. The founders had initially limited the website’s membership to Harvard students, but later expanded it to colleges in the Boston area, the Ivy League, and Stanford University. It gradually added support for students at various other universities and later to high-school students.
Facebook now allows anyone who claims to be at least 13 years old to become a registered user of the website. Its name comes from a colloquialism for the directory given to it by American universities students.
Facebook has more than 1.3 billion monthly active users around the world. The company also estimates that it has about 829 million daily active users. There are approximately 159 million monthly active users in the United States.
It is blocked in North Korea and most of China. There are more than 7,000 employees at Facebook, and it is headquartered in Menlo Park, California. Facebook introduced words such as “friending” to the lexicon.
Amazing Facts About Facebook
Facts About Facebook History Earning Users:
- “The Facebook” is launched by Mark Zuckerberg, Dustin Moskovitz, Chris Hughes and Eduardo Saverin at Harvard University.
- Facebook has over 350 million active users. More than 35 million users update their status each day, with more than 55 million status updates each day.
- The average Facebook user has 130 friends and sends eight friend requests per month.
- A recent survey of 500 top colleges found that 10% of admissions officers acknowledged looking at social networking sites such as Facebook to evaluate applicants. Thirty-eight percent of admissions officers said that what they saw negatively affected the applicant.
- Facebook is not only beating MySpace traffic, but it is also the second-ranked site overall in the U.S. behind Google.
- If Facebook were a country, it would be the fifth-largest country in the world, after China, India, the U.S., and Indonesia.
- The New Oxford Dictionary announced that the 2009 Word of the Year was “unfriend,” as in “to remove someone as a friend on a social networking site” such as Facebook. However, there is some debate whether the word should be “defriend” rather than “unfriend.
- The average Facebook users spend more than 55 minutes a day on the site. They use the Like button nine times a month and write 25 comments each month.
- Forbes dubbed 25-year-old Mark Zuckerberg, the creator/owner of Facebook, as the world’s youngest billionaire, worth 1.5 billion.
- Tim Sparapani, director of public policy at Facebook, stated that hundreds of millions of people had never stopped and thought about the consequences of sharing information online.
- The first person to invest in Facebook was the cofounder of PayPal, Peter Thiel, who invested $500,000 in June 2004.
- There are more than 800,000 developers building applications for Facebook.
- When Facebook began selling stock to the public and trading on the NASDAQ on May 18, 2012, its shares were priced at $38, which meant the company was valued at over $100 billion. It also meant that Facebook was worth more than eBay, Yahoo, Groupon, LinkedIn, Netflix, IAC, AOL, Zynga and Pandora… combined.
To Get Online Free Preparations For All Jobs Written Test, Interviews and Exams
Subscribe Here [jetpack_subscription_form title="" subscribe_text="" subscribe_button="Subscribe" show_subscribers_total="0"]
You Might Also Like
- Top Interesting Facts about Pakistan Army Flag & Histor...
- Interesting and Amazing Facts about Pakistani Politicians
- Interesting and Amazing Facts about Space
- Interesting and Amazing Facts about Pakistan
- Interesting and Amazing Facts about Pakistan Cricket Team
- Interesting and Amazing Facts About Pakistan Army
- Interesting and Amazing Facts about Earth
- Important and Fascinating Scientific Facts about Quran-e-Pak
- 20 Interesting Funny Facts About Computers and Internet Worl...
- Top 10 Interesting Facts about Coca Cola Company History Bot...