If you are in search of an essay on the topic of ”Environmental pollution”, then you are at the right place in order to your quest. Here we described an Environmental Pollution Essay in very simple English language with all its types, causes, effects, and its solution. This article would be beneficial for all levels of education ie matric level, intermediate level, bachelor level, and master level. We explained this Environmental Pollution Essay with its pet definition also. So go through this article and get benefits because it’s only for you. Keep visiting this website for further educational services we provide.
Outlines of Environment Pollution Essay
- Quotations About Environmental Pollution
- The importance of the Environment.
- What is Environmental Pollution
- Types of environmental Pollution
- Various Causes of Environmental Pollution.
- How to Check Environmental Pollution.
- Impacts of Environmental Pollution on Earth.
- Solutions to Reduce Environmental Pollution.
Environmental Pollution Essay With Outlines and Quotations in English for All Students
Quotations About Environmental Pollution Essay
- Pollution is the forerunner of perdition – John Trapp
- Pollution should never be the price of prosperity – Al Gore
- Pollution- if you don’t kill it, it will kill you – Anonymous
- The more we pollute the earth the less we deserve to live on earth. – M.M Ilda
- “Cleanliness is the half of faith.” (حضرت محمد صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)
- “Pollution is the forerunner of perdition”. (John Trapp)
- There’s so much pollution in the air now that if it weren’t for our lungs there’d be no place to put it all. (Robert Orben)
- The health effects of air pollution imperil human lives. This fact is well-documented. (Eddie Bernice Johnson)
- “The most important pathological effects of pollution are extremely delayed and indirect.”(Rene Dubos)
- “Environmental pollution is an incurable disease. It can only be prevented”
Importance of Environment
Earth is the only planet endowed with an environment. The thin cover of air and water that surrounds the earth, known as the biosphere, protects and sustains life. The biosphere is a finely balanced mixture of oxygen, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, argon, and water vapors. It has been maintained and established by the life cycle of plants, animals, and bacteria. Without the biological processes that have gone on the soil for thousands of years, we could have coal, oil, or food crops.
Nature has been suffering for the past several hundred years but the problem did not assume serious proportion so long as the damage was containable and not beyond self-repair. These limits were exceeded with the spectacular technological breakthrough accomplished in recent years. The highly developed nations which benefited most from these breakthroughs were the first to experience the environmental diseases bred by advanced technology.
Without the photosynthetic activity of green plants, there would be no oxygen to support human or animal life. Similarly, for the supply of pure water, we have to be thankful for the myriads of microorganisms in aquatic systems as also as the action of plants and animals.
Definition of Environmental Pollution
Pollution is the introduction of pollutants into the environment. These harmful pollutants disrupt the balance of nature and trigger negative changes to human things, especially humans. This is among the major challenges that we face in the present. Both countries, developed and developing, are equally affected by this issue. The advanced countries can pay attention to reducing the risk, while the underdeveloped countries completely do not pay attention to it. Due to industrialization that is excessive and the burning of fossil fuels, the amount of pollution is growing rapidly. Pollution could pose a danger to the future of humanity if it is not addressed in the present.
Man has always made use of his inventive genius to force nature to yield its secrets. He has made a spectacular breakthrough in technology, firmly believing that the sort of progress he is making is an unmixed blessing. He has seldom given thought to the fact that the air he breathes, the water he drinks, or the food he eats could be exhausted. And so would be the rich raw materials which he makes the earth yield. He has always assumed the bounties of nature to be inexhaustible. There is a little realization on his part that what he considers progress is seriously disturbing the ecological balance and leading to the breakdown of the life-supporting system on the earth.
Causes of Environmental Pollution/ Names of Pollutants
In Pakistan, the problem of environmental pollution is related to an increase in industrial activity which has brought along the air, water, and noise pollution. It would be worthwhile to discuss the causes of such pollution and to try and eliminate those which are well within our reach.
- One of the chief air pollutants is smoke which arises from our factories and is harmful to our lungs. The increase in respiratory diseases may be attributed to rising air pollution.
- Efforts should be made to confine the factories and chemical laboratories to the outskirts of the cities.
- The unfortunate incident of gas leakage at Quetta which claimed so many lives and left so many people permanently handicapped was an extreme effect of air pollution.
- The ever-rising number of heavy vehicles is adding to air pollution by constantly emitting foul smoke.
- The inexplicably rapid development of technology and massive industrial production. Mills, factories, and foundries release smoke gas and toxic gases. They alter the air quality.
- The release of gases and toxic smoke is affecting the oceans, lakes, and rivers. The widespread use of pesticides can also harm the environment. In addition, the environment is affected by radiation and waste disposal from nuclear power.
- The increasing pollution around the globe has contributed to the dirty air.
- Traffic has increased by a large amount, and vehicles like automobiles, buses, rickshaws, etc. emit smoke in large amounts and pollute the surroundings.
- Mankind has turned to the practice of destroying trees or plants, as well as natural scenery to satisfy its material requirements.
Types of Environmental Pollution
Environmental scientists classify pollution into three types: air pollution, soil pollution, noise pollution, and water pollution.
1- Water Pollution:
Water that we just cannot do without is not free from pollution either. Human waste, animal bathing, industrial waste, etc. make water unfit for drinking. It is not surprising to find diseases like cholera frequently spreading in the form of epidemics. Even major rivers like the Ravi have become extremely polluted, because of which it has become essential to clean its waters at a very great expense.
Major Causes of Water Pollution:
Water pollution is a sad fact of our time. The components that make water dirty are:
- The sewage from cities is a source of pollution that reaches the bodies of water directly.
- industrial waste which directly discharges into water bodies.
- Other chemicals can be found in water bodies as a result of pollution of the soil or the environment.
2- Noise Pollution:
A new kind of pollution that is acquiring serious dimensions is noise pollution. Loud horns from an excessively large number of vehicles on roads, loudspeakers, amplifiers, music systems, etc. disturb the peace of the already, tense modern man. Very loud sounds have impaired hearing in a large number of people and caused nervous problems in several others. It is quite possible to check this pollution by the use of silencers in vehicles, by playing soft music and prohibiting the use of loudspeakers, etc.
3- Air Pollution:
Nuclear tests during recent years have played havoc with our environment. The fallout from these tests has increased the incidence of cancer and congenital diseases. Radiation from nuclear plants is also very dangerous for human health. The recently concluded Gulf War during which several oil wells caught fire and not only emitted dense smoke but also disturbed the temperature pattern of the region has caused great damage to our environment. In recent years, there has been an increasing realization of the gravity of the problem.
The UN itself has been taking steps to focus attention on this hazard. In fact, the degradation of the environment is not merely the question of pollution but embraces the whole concept of the quality of human life. The destruction of forests, the 19 erosion of the soil, the neglect of lands, the loss of wildlife, the accumulation of wastes, and the plight of urban areas are some examples of the degradation of the environment.
Causes of Air Pollution:
- The utilization of fossil fuels, such as coal, gas, and oil serves a variety of purposes.
- Smoke is released into the air
- The cutting down or deforestation of trees
- Fog, haze, and other hazes are due to various industrial activities of humanity.
4- Soil/Land Pollution:
Pakistan is an agriculture-based nation. Farmers utilized a range of fertilizers, herbicides, and other chemicals to aid in the development of plants. The soil gets polluted and makes it unsuitable for cultivating crops. This is not the only issue. the fact that if government officials aren’t able to remove industrial effluents that remain on the ground and contribute to pollution.
Causes of Land Pollution:
- The cutting down of trees The salinity, water, and logs.
- Modern agricultural practices involve the use of pesticides, fertilizers chemicals, excessive irrigation, and more.
- Excavation, or mining of earth to the limit as well as the usage of hazardous chemicals, elements, etc. for it.
- Urbanization and industrial activities.
- Dumping of waste such as plastics, chemicals, and more into the heart of the earth.
Preventions/Solutions About Environmental Pollution Essay
So disease, dirt, hunger, malnutrition, and other companions of poverty. All these grossly affect Nature’s balance which is so vital to healthy human and animal life.
- To meet the situation in an effective manner, the anti-pollution laws have to be made stringent.
- Laws have to be passed banning the use of certain types of fuels and inefficient equipment.
- Enlightened public opinion can play a very useful role.
- More scientists and technical experts should be employed to keep the atmosphere and water supplies clean and healthy.
- Organic wastes should be properly treated and processed. Soil nutrients can be produced.
- Our government must take effective measures for improving the condition of the air.
- All activities which pollute the atmosphere must be curtailed.
- Environmental pollution should be the main concern of management to save our ecosystem.
- We can implement a variety of measures to lessen the environmental impact. One of them is planting trees, using public transportation, and proper disposal of wastes, etc.
FAQs Environmental Pollution Essay
What is environmental pollution?
Environmental pollution refers to the emission of hazardous substances to the natural environment which can harm living organisms as well as the earth.
What are the main causes of environmental pollution?
The main causes of soil Pollution are The main causes are Industrial waste. Domestic and commercial waste in urban areas. Chemical fertilizers. Automobile pollution. Pollution from the industrial air. Burning garbage. Brick is fired in kilns. Indoor air pollution. Animals and plants that have been decomposed. Radioactive elements.
How can we reduce environmental pollution?
- When High Particle levels are expected, take the following steps to reduce Pollution:
- Reduce the number of trips that you make in your vehicle.
- Reduce or eliminate the fireplace or the use of wood stoves.
- Avoid burning trash, leaves, and other substances.
- Do not use gas-powered lawns and garden equipment
What are pollutants?
Environmentally harmful substances. They are known as pollutants. Pollutants are natural, like volcanic Ash. They are also generated through human activities, for example, garbage or runoff from factories.
What are the effects of environmental pollution?
A higher chance of developing heart illness, wheezing, coughing, respiratory problems as well as nose, skin, and throat irritations can be the result of excessive levels of pollution from the air. Air pollution affects the health of humans in a variety of ways. Air pollution could also trigger asthma attacks, heart attacks, and other respiratory problems.
How can we stop pollution?
Tips on Reducing Pollution:
- Say NO to Crackers.
- Use Public Transportaion.
- Switch off the fans, lights, and water taps when they are not using them.
- Recycle and Reuse.
- Sort your waste.
- Say NO to Plastic.
- Plan to plant more trees.
- Utilization of fans instead of ACs.
What are the major environmental problems?
This includes pollution as well as overpopulation. Waste disposal as well as climate change, global warming, greenhouse effect, etc
You Might Also Like
- Rising Prices Essay with Outlines and Quotations
- The Problems of Unemployment Essay With Outlines
- Black Money Essay with Outlines
- The Happiest Day of My Life Essay With Outlines
- Man and Machines Essay With Outlines
- The Press, Its Function and Responsibilities Essay
- Life in a Crowded City Essay With Outlines
- Women Place in Society Essay with Outlines and Quotations
- فوجی تربیت کیوں ضروری ہے
- امت مسلمہ کو در پیش مسائل