Botany Lecturer Jobs are announced through Punjab Public Service Commission. PPSC Lecturer is searching for the administrations of the Talented, Committed, and Experienced candidates for the accompanying posts. So in the event that you have the necessary Qualification or Experience for this activity at that point apply as quickly as time permits and benefit such an incredible chance. Apply for this brilliant opportunity before the last date. 23 posts are announced in all over Punjab for Botany Lecturer.
PPSC Botany Lecturer Jobs Test Syllabus:
Botany syllabus is 80% consist of Botany subject while 20% paper consists of General Knowledge subjects. The total marks of the paper are 100 and the total time is 90 minutes.
|03||Mark of Each Question
SYLLABUS FOR THE SUBJECT OF BOTANY PAPER-I
1. Algae: Origin, evolution, distribution and classification with reference to range, structure, life-history, ecology and economic importance of Cyanophyta, Bacillariophyta, Phaeophyta and Rhodophyta, Chlorophyta.
2. Fungi: Structure of plant body; development of ascus, basidium and conidium; reproduction; classification; phylogeny, physiology and economic importance of the main groups of fungi. Diseases of economically important plants and their control.
3. Bryophytes: Evolution of gametophytes and sporophytes, structure, reproduction, classification and economic importance of various members of Liverworts, Mosses and Hornworts.
4. Pteridophytes: Introduction, characteristic features, alternation of generation and evolutionary tendencies of various divisions: Psilophyta, Lycophyta, Sphenophyta and Pterophyta. Evolution of seed.
5. Gymnosperms: General characters, life history and evolutionary tendencies of Cycadophyta, Coniferophyta and Ginkgophyta. Structure of seed.
a. Taxonomy: Introduction to systematic botany; historical background of classification systems, Post evolutionary era and recent developments in classification systems. Plant Nomenclature, Rules of Nomenclature, International Code of Botanical Nomenclature, Concept of taxa, Plant collection and Preparation of herbarium; Botanic Gardens. Modern trends in taxonomy, Biosystematics, Chemotaxonomy and Numerical taxonomy.
b. Anatomy: Cell wall; Tissues and Tissue systems: Meristematic tissue; Epidermal tissue system; Fundamental or ground tissue system; Mechanical tissue system; Xylem and Phloem as Vascular tissue, Collenchyma, Sclerenchyma; Primary and secondary growth; Cambium, Periderm. Anatomy of leaf, stem and root. Abnormal/Anomalous secondary growth, Ecological anatomy.
c. Embryology: Introduction; alternation of generation; the flower and its parts; stamen or microsporophyll; carpel or megasporophyll; male gametophyte or microgametophyte, pollination and fertilization; endosperm; embryo and its development (embryogenesis); seed and fruit formation; apomixis; polyembryony.
1. Harold C. Bold and Micheals, J. Wynne, 1985. Introduction to the Algae. Prentice Hall, Inc, New Jersey.
2. Alexopolous, ClJ., Mims, C.W. and Blackwell, C. 1996. Introductory Mycology (4th Edition). Wiley & Sons, New York.
3. Webster, J. 1980. Introduction to fungi (2nd Ed.), Cambridge University Press, London.
4. George N. Agriose 1978. Plant Pathology. 4th Edition. Academic Press, London.
5. Scholfield, B.W. Introduction to Bryology. MacMillan, New York.
6. Sporne, K.R. (1967). The Morphology of Gymnosperms. Hutchinson Univ. Library, London.
7. Smith G.M. 1956. Cryptogamic Botany vol. I & II 2nd edit. McGraw Hill.
8. Stuessy, T. F. 1990. Plant Taxonomy. Columbia University Press, USA.
9. Lawrence, G. H. M. 1951. Taxonomy of Vascular Plants. Macmillan, New York.
10. Jones, S.B. and Luchsinger, A.E. 1987. Plant Systematics. Mcgraw-Hill Book company, Singapore.
11. Stace, C.A. 1962. Plant Taxonomy and Biosystematics. National Book Foundation Islamabad.
12. Fahn, A. 1990. Plant Anatomy. Pergamon Press. Oxford.
13. Esau, K. 1960. Anatomy of Seed Plants. John Wiley, New York.
14. Pandey, B.P. 2001. Plant Anatomy. S. Chand and company Ltd. New Dehli.
15. Maheshwari, P. 1988. An introduction to the Embryology of Angiosperms, 9th Reprint. McGraw-Hill, Inc. New York.
1. Plant Physiology: Plant water relations, osmotic quantities, absorptions, transpiration, role of essential mineral elements, their uptake and distribution. Growth and development, Plant hormones, Photoperiodism, Vernalization, Dormancy and seed germination. Biochemistry of Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fats with reference to plants. Enzymes. Plant pigments. Photophosphorylation; Path of carbon in photosynthesis; Oxidative phosphorylation (respiration), Nitrogen and Fat metabolism.
2. Ecology: Influence of climatic, edaphic and biotic factors on plant growth. Sampling techniques. Major formations in relation to climatic zones. Concepts of ecosystems and their productivity, Ecological energetics, pyramids, food chains and trophic levels. Salinity and Waterlogging in Pakistan: Causes and reclamation of salinity, soil erosion, methods of control and conservation. Pollution and conservation of natural resources. Vegetation of Pakistan.
3. Cytology: Detailed study of ultra-structure of cell and its components; Chromosomes, Mitosis and meiosis, significance, Cancer and apoptosis.
a. Mendelian Genetics: Linkage, Crossing over, Sex-linked inheritance, Mutation, Polyploidy.
b. Biochemical Genetics: Biochemical nature of hereditary material, fine structure of genes: Transduction and Transformation.
c. Molecular Genetics: Replication, Transcription, Genetic codes and Translation.
5. Evolution: Theories of Evolution, Lamarckism, Darwinism, Neo-Darwinism. Hardy-Weinberg’s Law, Gene frequency, Adaptive mtations.
1. Taiz, L. and E. Zeiger 2002. Plant Physiology. Third Edition sinauers Pub. Co. Inc. California.
2. Salisbury, F.B. and C.W. Ross 1992. Plant Phsiology. Wadsworth publishing company, Bemont, California.
3. Odum, E.P. 1985. Basic Ecology. W.B. Saunders.
4. Smith, R.L. 1998. Elements of Ecology. Harper & Row Publishers, New York.
5. Waisel, Y. 1972. Biology of Halophytes.
6. Gardner, E.J., Simmons, M. J. and Snustad, D.P. 1991. Principles of Genetics. 8th Edition. John Willey and Sons, New York.
7. Strickberger, M. V. 1985. Genetics. 3rd Edition. MacMillan Press Ltd., London.
8. Snustad, D.P. and Simmons, M. J. 2002. Principles of Genetics. 3rd Edition. John Willey and Sons, New York.
9. Taylor, T.N. and Taylor, E.D. 1987. The Biology and Evolution of Fossil Plants, Prentice Hall.
Botany Test Topics
- Economic botany
- Marine botany
- Pharming (genetics)
- Plant breeding
- Plant pathology (Physiopathology)
- Plant propagation
Eligibility of Botany Lecturer Post:
- Master in Botany at least 2d division.
- Female age: 21-28 years age 08 years age relaxation.
- Male age: 21-28 years age 05 years age relaxation.
- Punjab Domicile.
PPSC Syllabus for Botany Lecturer 2021 Sample Test Pattern
What is the Eligibility of the Job?
What is the passing marks?
How I find out my age for application:
If the date of birth of a candidate is 15 August 1970 and the closing date for receipt of application in the PPSC office is 07-02-1998; the age will be calculated as under:
|Date of Birth
|Age on the closing date:||1+23||08||27|
All Pakistani can apply for Job?
What is the procedure for the submission of Online Application?
Does a candidate need to submit hard copies of documents in addition to applying online?
What qualification is required in PPSC Lecturer BS-17 Post?
How is PPSC merit calculated?
What is negative marking in PPSC?
How age relaxation is given in case of upper age limit?
- Candidates who are interested and want to apply they must read the guideline carefully.
- To apply for the PPSC Lecturer Jobs aspirants must fulfill the required eligibility criteria.
- After meeting the eligibility individuals open the PPSC online portal through this site.
- First, you open the PPSC official website and click the Apply Online button.
- A new page will appear on the screen. You can select the desired job in this form.
- The application form will open on the screen you just fill the application form correctly and click the fill the application form.
- On the next page, you have to upload the photograph and CNIC front and Back image.
- The photographs must be the size of 25KB. Otherwite it will not be accepted.
- Attach you complete documents required in the application and click the Apply Online button.
- Open the PPSC website and scroll down until you find the challan form.
- Download the challan form and take print of it.
- Fill the challan form and submit it to the designated bank.
- Bank Draft or Pay Order or Cheque or any such instrument will not be accepted as fee by the Commission.
- After submitting the challan fee you will get the Original Receipt which will be submitted at the time of interview/viva voce.
- Medical Fitness Certificate issued by the Medical Superintendent District Head Quarters Hospital or Services Hospital is required.
Q: Tell me about yourself?
Q: Are you applying for other jobs?
Q: What experience do you have in this field?
Q: How would your friends and family describe you as a person?
Q: Why did you leave your last job?
Q: Tell me about your weaknesses?
Q: Why do you want to work for this organization?
Q: What do you know about this organization?
Q: What have you done to improve yourself in the last year?
Q: What kind of supervision brings out the best in you?
You Might Also Like
- PPSC Lecturer Test Date 2021 Schedule and Interview Date lis...
- PPSC Headmaster, Headmistress/Dy Online Test 13 for Preparat...
- ECAT Engineering Entry Test 2021 English Direct and Indirect...
- MDCAT Medical Entry Test 2021 English Prepositions MCQS Onli...
- WAPDA Jobs 2021 Written Test Preparation Online Mcqs
- Join Pak Navy as Commissioned Officer 2021 Online Test Prepa...
- DUET Entry Test 2021 Preparation Online MCQS Test English Ma...
- Custom Intelligence Inspector Test Preparation Mcqs Online
- ZTBL Zarai Taraqiati Bank Jobs 2021 Test Preparation Online ...
- NTS Nursing Diploma Test Online Preparation Mcqs With Answer...