The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC) Invites application from Pakistani/AJK national for the Stipendium Hungraicum Programme 2018-2019 offered by the Hungarian Government under bilateral Higher Education Exchange Programme. All Awards will be made on the basis of the academic merit, specific disciplines Priority fields, quality of research proposal, potential of the candidate and the likely impact of the work on development. All these Scholarships are being offered to revamp the structure of research and higher education as well.
HEC is an independent, autonomous, and constitutionally established institution of primary funding, overseeing, regulating, and accrediting the higher education efforts in Pakistan. It aims to create a critical mass of highly qualified Engineer, Technologists, and Scientists Manpower in high-tech fields.
Hungary provides high quality education in the heart of Europe. Today, there is a growing demand of international students to study in Hungary. Thousands of students from all around the world apply for higher educational studies in Hungary each year. The number of Stipendium Hungaricum applicants is continuously increasing as well as the number of available scholarship places. In the academic year 2018/2019 approximately 4000 students can begin their studies in Hungary in the framework of the Stipendium Hungaricum Programme. Following are the Disciplines in which scholarships are going to offer for eligible aspirants.
Undergraduate Programme(BSc, BA) Scholarships:-
- Agriculture and Veterinary
- Technical & Engineering
- Natural Sciences
- Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
Master Programme (MSc, MA) Scholarships:-
- Social Sciences
- Natural Sciences
Doctoral(Phd) Programme Scholarships:-
- Artificial intelligence
- Power Engg.
- Safety & Security Sciences
- Civil & Transportation Engg.
- Bio Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Environmental Sciences/Climate change
- Food Sciences
- Public Administration Sciences.
Stipendium Hungraicum Scholarship Programme 2018-2019 Apply Online Criteria
- Tutition-Free Education:-
Exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly Stipend:-
non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 40 460(cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies.
- Doctoral Level:-According to the current Hungraian Legislation, the monthly amount scholarship is HUF 140 000(cca EUR 450) for the First phase of education( 4 semesters) and HUF 180000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters) -for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
Dormitory place or contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period.
- Medical Insurance:-
Health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation(Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person.
- Applicant should make sure that in case of applying for undergraduate programme,they must apply for four years Bachelors only.
- In case of Masters,they must have 16 years of academic qualification completed.
- For Doctoral(Phd) Programme, they must have 18 years of academic qualification completed.
- HEC will not recognize any three years Bachelors degree.
Note:It is the sole responsibility of students applying for any professional degree(viz. Medical, Engineering,Agriculture etc.) to first get confirmed its accreditation from the respective councils i.e. Pakistan Engineering Council(PEC) Pakistan Medical & Dental Council(PMDC), Agriculture Council, & Nursing Council etc. All Programmes offered in English Language, hence English Proficiency will be required.
Procedure for Apply:-
- Apply online to this Scholarship through the Hungarian website ka.hu/international-programmes/2966/stipendium hungaricum/, after online submission, get its printed copy and attach all requisite documents in spiral binding( 01 set of application).
- Apply online at HEC website: eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa. After online submission, get printed copy of HEC, application and attach NOC from employer(If Employed) and attach bank receipt with HEC form only.
- HEC may conduct test/interviews of initially shortlisted candidates through the subject experts at HEC.
- In complete applications or applications received after due date will not be entertained.
- The Recommendations of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
- All applications should note that all nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC.
- Please send one Hungarian application form along with requisite documents in spiral binding separably and one copy of online HEC form(without documents) separately on or before, March 03,2017 on the address as Deputy Director HRD In-charge Hungarian Scholarship Programme.
Last Date For Apply?
Last date for applying online as well as sending application to HEC is March 03, 2018. For getting more updated information please keep in touch with this page.