Punjab AIDS Control Programme PACP scholarships program announced around 50 students awarded scholarship to conduct their research work on AIDS-related subjects. Project Director Dr Adnan Zafar will handle complete program.
After announcement on media he said 44 applications for PhD and 76 applications for MPhil were received, adding that a committee of experts was constituted for evaluation and sorting out eligible candidates.
PACP has offered scholarships to 20 PhD and 30 MPhil students only. The PhD students will be paid Rs 40,000, while MPhil students will be awarded Rs 20,000 every month.
Dr Adnan said for the first time in the history of the province, such a revolutionary step had been taken for controlling HIV/AIDS.
The subjects selected for research work include
- Micro Biology,
- Molecular Biology,
- Public Health,
- Gender Studies,
The components of the present phase are depicted as below:
- Targeted Interventions for most-at-risk populations and bridging groups.
- HIV Care and Support
- Blood Safety
- Control of Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Prevention of Parent to Child Transmission.
- Voluntary Counseling & Testing
- Advocacy & Communication
- Communication and Stigma Reduction Campaign
- Governance & Institutional Framework
- Capacity Building
- Programme Management
- Monitoring & Evaluation of HIV Response
Office of Punjab AIDS Control Program
First Floor,5 Montgomery Road,Lahore
Phone no: 042-99201098 / 042-99200982
Fax No: 042- 99203394