Oil & Gas Development Company Limited (OGDCL) is going to join hands with Sukkur IBA to launch OGDCL National Talent Hunt Program for the purpose of discovering the talent of such deprived students and ensuring their access and survival in the quality institutions countrywide. This program aims to strive for uplifting the academic level of students from rural areas by removing their deficiency in core subjects including Mathematics, English, ICT and make them compatible with their urban counterpart.
IBA OGDCL National Talent Hunt Program Scholarships will encompass 300 students across the Pakistan. The selection criteria will be transparent and purely on merit base. This will be done through screening test and all applicants must have to pass test for final selection accordingly.
The selected 300 students will be able to get Training for 6 months at IBA Sukkur, the training program will be for Mathematics, English and Computer training program. After completion of 6 months training program IBA and OGDCL will be select 100 top listed candidates. Those 100 candidates shall be offered free graduate degree at IBA Sukkur.
Scholarships Awarded Programs:-
Disciplines in IBA OGDCL National Talent Hunt Program, Top 100 students based on Continuing assessment of 6 months, would be given an option to join one of following Sukkur IBA regular bachelor degree programs:
- BBA (Agri-Business)
- BS (Accounting & Finance)
- BS (Computer Science)
- BS (Software Engineering)
- BS (Mathematics)
- B.Ed (Hons)
- BE- Electrical Engineering with specialization
- BE – Computer Systems Engineering
- BE – Energy Systems Engineering
IBA OGDCL National Talent Hunt Program Scholarships 2018, Online Registration Started
The students who have already given Fsc Intermediate Examination and who are going to appear Intermediate Exam Fsc are eligible to apply for IBA and OGDCL National Talent Hunt Program.
- Selection Test shall be made in four provinces separately with separate pattern accordingly.
- Minimum FA / Fsc with 50% marks.
- The applicants may have their intermediate exam in year 2018 or 2019
- The students who are appearing in exam year 2018 will also eligible to apply.
- The student who gets supplementary will not be admissible to apply for this program.
- For Electric engineering: the student must pass their Fsc with 60% marks.
- For BS Mathematics: the candidate must pass FA or Fsc with per engineering 50% marks.
Geographical Spread out:-
Under OGDCL National Talent Hunt Program 300 students from four provinces of Pakistan includes the following:-
- Punjab (75 Scholarships)
- KPK (75 Scholarships)
- Baluchistan (75 Scholarships)
- Sindh (75 Scholarships)
In IBA OGDCL National Talent Hunt Program the Initial six months as well as subsequent four years of Bachelor degree program would be fully sponsored by IBA and OGDCL National Talent Hunt Program.
- Amount of Rs/-4,000 as self expenditure shall be given.
- Free Transport
- Tuition Fee
- Free Course, Books, Bags and other accessories shall be awarded in this regard.
- Free Accommodation shall be facilitated
- For Talented students Free Laptops & Other Prizes as well.
Pakistan is conferred with an outstanding talent but the major portion of it remains undiscovered and underutilized as well. The under-utilization of this talent has been caused by rural-urban divide in which the urban population has access to all the opportunities to excel whereas the people from rural are deprived of accessing accordingly.
The poor education system available for the students of rural areas has denied them to compete to their counterparts in urban areas. Their survival in the tough grading system of reputed universities is a big challenge and most of them are not even able to secure admissions in higher education institutions.
It results in premature end to the educational career of such talented youth and consequently involvement in anti-state activities thus contributing negatively in overall economy growth of the country.
Last Date to Apply?
Under the IBA OGDCL National Talent Hunt Program deadline to submit application form is 12th June,2018. For Getting more updated information please keep it touch with us accordingly.