The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan HEC PhD Scholarships launched as it’s an independent, autonomous, and constitutionally established institution of primary funding, overseeing, regulating, and accrediting the higher education efforts in Pakistan.
Higher Education Commission (HEC) is going to provide sublime opportunities for Pakistani/AJK Scholars to pursue PhD studies in Top US Universities through US-Pakistan knowledge corridor. These scholarships aims to create a pool of highly qualified individuals who demonstrate a promise of achieving true distinction in research and sustaining teaching excellence at all levels.
The US-Pakistan knowledge corridor was established in June 2015 as a result of the US-Pakistan Education, Science & Technology working Group (ESTWG) under the bilateral strategic dialogue. The Government of Pakistan envisions enhancing enrollment in higher education up to 5 to 10 million by 2025 and outreach of Higher Education Institutions at district level. For this purpose, US-Pakistan knowledge Corridor aims to provide opportunities for 10,000 Pakistani scholars for doctoral studies at top US universities, enabling Higher education Institutions to have highly qualified PhD faculty.
In the Initial phase, HEC is focusing on sending 1,500 PhD scholars to the leading US universities from Fall-2019. HEC Invites applications from eligible Pakistani/AJK nationals to pursue doctoral studies in the following fields:
- Design and Media
- Engineering & Technology
- Physical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Medical & Allied Health Sciences
- Veterinary & Food Security.
- Business Sciences
- Micro- Electronics
- Material Sciences
- Human-made Materials
- Nano-Science & Technology
- Water & Energy.
- Monthly living allowances.
- Health insurance,Initial settlement allowance and return airfare.
- The Scholarship will not cover the tuition fee.
- The Scholars will have to secure admission in the top 200 US universities with fee waiver (as per QS ranking-overall ranking)
HEC PhD Scholarships 2019 For US Universities Criteria Programs Last Date
- Pakistani/AJK nationals
- Have completed MS,MPhill or equivalent degree(18 years of education from HEC Recognized Universities)
- Age limit maximum 40 years for regular faculty and researchers of public sector universities/R&D organization and 35 years for all others.
- Have acquired valid GRE and TOEFL scored required for admission in US universities.
- Scholars who have already secured or enrolled in PhD program in top 200 US universities in the above fields may also apply for Scholarship
- Have an active commitment to serve the universities/ R&D organizations in Pakistan after completion of Studies.
Please visit eportal.hec.gov.pk/US-pakcorridor. Print online application form and send it on the address as Project Manager US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor Higher Education Commission, Sector H- Islamabad .
Last date for submission of Application March 10, 2019. For more information make sure your frequent visits over here accordingly.