The Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan just announced its schedule for the Commonwealth Scholarships 2022. According to this announcement, scholarships right now are being offered in the United Kingdom (UK) for Doctoral Studies (Ph.D.) and Medical Fellowships. All nationality holders of Pakistan who are currently working as a full-time university teacher and possess postgraduate qualifications (18 years Master’s degree with no 3rd division) are eligible to apply for these HEC Commonwealth Scholarships UK 2022. For your ease, we will provide you with complete guidance about all the key points related to these scholarships such as offered disciplines, basic eligibility criteria, registration process, and selection procedure.
Disciplines for HEC Commonwealth Scholarships
These HEC Commonwealth Scholarships for Ph.D. are being offered in several disciplines preferably in the following ones:
- Food & Nutrition
- Water & Sanitation
- Climate & Environment
- Humanitarian Disasters & Emergencies
- Economic Growth & the Private Sector
While on the other hand, the Medical Fellowships scholarships are available for graduate medical doctors who have qualified as doctors before September 2022. In order to apply for Split Ph.D. scholarships, interested individuals can apply directly online to the CSC-UK website.
- Last Date of Application Form Submission: 18th October 2022.
- Apply Online for HEC UK Scholarship 2022: Apply
Benefits of HEC Commonwealth Scholarship
The HEC Commonwealth Scholarship to study and Ph.D. within the UK will be awarded for the following:
- The Stipend (living allowance) for students in the Master’s program at the rate of PS1,133 for each month. That is equivalent to PS1,516 for those attending universities located in London metropolitan area each month.
- London metropolitan area. Stipend (living allowance) for Ph.D. students at the rate of PS1,236 each month or PS1,516 for those attending universities in the London metro area. London metropolitan area.
- Total fees for tuition fees.Two-way tickets to the UK (for the beginning of the program and again after the program). Generous clothing allowance, if applicable.
- I am traveling expenses for fieldwork tours. Air Ticket for study tours. Air Ticket for the country of home during study
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships UK 2022 for Ph.D. Apply Online
Eligibility Criteria for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship
- National of Pakistan and permanent resident of Pakistan or AJ&K.
- The age limit is not greater than 30 years old for Masters and 35 to apply for Ph.D. when the date of application.
- You should be able to begin your studies in the UK at the beginning of the UK academic year in September/October 2023.
- To be eligible for a Master’s Scholarship, by the date of closing, the candidate must have a first-class university degree complete in all aspects of graduate study (16 years of education, i.e., MSC/MA/MBA/BS/BBA) in the subject area.
- For Ph.D. For scholarship, the applicant, on the deadline of their application, must possess an unqualified first-class degree in all areas of postgraduate study (17/18 years of MS/MPhil degrees) in the area of study.
- Not be eligible for the award of a Ph.D. or an MPhil that leads to the Ph.D. or Masters’s degree at the UK university before September/October 2023, or if the candidate had a previous study at a similar degree in the UK before.
How to Apply for HEC Commonwealth Scholarships
For individuals who fulfill the basic eligibility requirements, it is really easy to apply for their desired scholarship.
- First, you need to apply through the HEC official website where after completing the registration and entering all the required details, just select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under the Scholarship and Grant menu. Once you have submitted the form, get its printed copy to be signed & stamped by the employer, the Head of the Institute.
- The form for Ph.D. is to be filled out through Electronic Application System (EAS). Once you have completed the online submission, get a printout of the form and get it signed by the Head of the Institute. Do keep in mind that no application for both Ph.D. and Medical Fellowships will be entertained without submitting the EAS Application form and online HEC form.
- After completion of the registration procedure, Higher Education Commission Pakistan will organize interviews of shortlisted candidates through which it will make recommendations of candidates for selection however the final selection right is reserved by CSC-UK.
- Another important thing that everyone should remember while applying for these scholarships is that Commonwealth UK will not entertain any direct applications and all nominations from Pakistan will be routed by HEC. The last due date for submitting the application form to become part of the selection procedure after which no received forms will be entertained.
- The address at which the application forms are needed to be submitted is:
- Deputy Director (HRD)
- Higher Education Commission
- Sector H-9, Islamabad.
How do I pay my HEC fee?
The fee can be paid to Habib Bank Limited, in A/C No. 1742-79001334-01. The applicant must secure the original Bank slip or payment record to present whenever requested by the HEC.
Is the HEC scholarship fully covered?
HEC Overseas Scholarship for Pakistani students aims to develop high-quality scientists. That fully funded opportunity will pay for tuition and maintenance allowances, travel, and medical insurance.
How can I apply to be considered for an HEC scholarship?
Apply online at the HEC website: https://eportal.hec.gov.pk/arl. After registering and filling out your profile, you can select “Academic and Research Linkages” under the “Scholarship as well as Grant” menu on the online portal’s left side.
How do I get a Commonwealth Scholarship?
To be eligible for the Commonwealth Scholarship, You must be an official citizen or permanent resident of one of the Commonwealth countries. It is still possible to apply for the scholarship if you are a refugee or a British-protected person.
You Might Also Like
- China CRBC HEC Scholarships 2022 in Pakistan Apply Online
- Pakistan Petroleum Limited PPL Scholarship Scheme 2022 Eligi...
- Dalda Foundation Scholarship 2022 Apply Online Last Date Tes...
- Free International and National Scholarships For Pakistani S...
- 75 National Top Talent Scholarships 2022 Last Date in World&...
- Commonwealth Scholarships 2022 Eligibility Criteria Apply On...
- HEC Foreign Scholarships 2022 for PhD Apply Online
- HEC PhD Scholarship 2022 For US Universities Criteria Progra...
- USAID HEC Scholarships 2022 for Female Apply Online
- Falak Sufi Scholarship 2022 for Master’s Program NYU Apply...