Higher Education Commission’s HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2019 is a big level scholarship for the needy candidates of commonwealth countries who can not afford to pursue further education on their own. To contribute to development needs of Commonwealth countries by providing training for skilled and qualified professionals and academics, and to contribute to UK higher education and foreign policy aims by encouraging collaboration. The HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2019 will be providing both male and female Pakistani candidates to pursue their Master’s Degrees and PhD, fully funded in United Kingdom (UK), for which no GRE or ILETS is required.
Scholarship Type: HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2019 is Fully Funded.
Scholarship Level: HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2019 is for Masters Degree Program and PhD.
Scholarship Themes: The HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2019 is offered under the following 6 themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Scholarship Hosting Country:
Only Commonwealth countries are eligible for the HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2019. If you are wondering that if you belong to a commonwealth country or not then here is the list of Commonwealth Countries that are eligible for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
HEC Commonwealth Scholarship Benefits:
- Approved airfare from and back to your host country
- Tuition fee wavier
- Warm clothing allowance
- A stipend / living allowance of £1,084 per month and a stipend / living allowance of £1,330 per month for those the candidates whose universities are located in metropolitan area such as London
- A thesis grant for preparing thesis
- Study grant for covering the cost of study material within the United Kingdom (UK).
- For Master’s Degree Program: The applicants must be under 30 years of age.
- For the Doctoral Degree Program: The applicants must be under 35 years of age.
- For Master’s Degree Program: The applicants must have 16 years education with a 1st class degree.
- For the Doctoral Degree Program: The applicants must have 17 or 18 years education with a 1st class degree.
- The applicants must be a permanent resident of Pakistan or Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK).
- The applicant must be available for travel to the United Kingdom (UK) in September or October 2019 for the initiation of the studies.
- The applicant must be financially unable to afford their studies without a scholarship.
How to Apply:
- The applicants are required to apply for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2019 by visiting the Higher Education Commission (HEC) website, i.e. http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa.
- The applicants are required to select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under the “Scholarship and Grant” section.
- The applicants will be required to attach an original and paid deposit slip of PKR. 500/- that must be paid in the Higher Education Commission’s online Account No. 17427900133401 in Habib 0ank Limited (HBL), Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad.
- The applicants will also be required to send their application via courier because the only online application will not be entertained.
- The applicants will be required to submit the following documents for the sake of application submission in spiral binding form to Learning Opportunities Abroad (LOA) Scholarship Cell, HRD Division, Higher Education Commission, Sector H-8/1, Islamabad, Pakistan. E-mail: [email protected]
- Print of the online HEC application form
- A paid and original deposit slip of PKR. 500/-
- Relevant academic documents and transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Study / Research Plan
- Copies of CNIC
- Proof of EAS application form submitted through CSC online system application system along with EAS Number.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further scrutiny.
Last Date of submission Application:
The last date to apply for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2019 is 12th December 2018, Wednesday.