Project Management Unit Higher Education Department Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa PMUHED To establish PMU (Project Management Unit) for starting of the program of ADP Scheme “Establishment of Project management Unit (PMU). The scheme will be implemented through a SMC chaired by Secretary Finance and member-ed be Secretary Higher Education, Secretary Auqaf Department, Secretary Youth Affairs Department and three VC’s recommended by Secretary HED and approved by the chair.
The SMC will approve the Implementation Mechanism for the scheme and the list of stipend holders recommended by the Institutions. The SMC will periodically review the performance of the scheme to ensure its transparency and smooth running The 4-Year BS-Degree program was initiated in 53 Government Colleges of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa after establishing 121 Departments during last session.
For payment of Honorarium to teaching and non-teaching staff, a total of Rs. 54.5 million were provided under the ADP scheme “Re-Engineering of Teachers engagement methodology in Government Colleges of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa” reflected at S.No-86 of ADP. In a period of two years, the program faced issues and went through a natural evolution.
Check List of Focal Persons Nominated for KPK Monthly Fund/Stipend Scheme in Universities
During continuous scrutiny and monitoring, the number of colleges where the program had been running was reduced to 39 by shifting students from the college having low enrollment to the nearby college where the same program was run successfully. Doing so not only reduced the cost of the program but also improved quality.
Presently, there are 181 B.S departments having 10084 students in 39 colleges around the Province and the enrollment for the next year is estimated to be 5430+ with approximately 30 students enrollment in each semester, and request for opening new departments are being received on contemplated upon in light of the resources available.
This scheme has been included in the ADP, 2012-13 at S.No-55 with a total cost of Rs. 200 Million and an allocation of Rs. 150.000 million (FY 2021-14) for payment of Honorarium to the teaching and non-teaching staff.
Originally, BS-Degree Program was initiated on the following grounds:
- Present ratio of higher education in Pakistan is 3.4% which needs to be raised to 20% by the year 2021 to meet Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) in order to realize the dream of sustainable development.
- Education Policy 2009 categorically requires transition from 2-year degree to 4- year degree study Programs for the colleges in phased manner.
- Higher Education Department deems it necessary to replace the older system with the new one i.e. introduction of 4-year degree classes in the colleges to make the degrees compatible with international standards and market needs.
The present administrative structure of the colleges is designed only for 2-year degree Program with annual examination system but hardly appropriate to meet the requirements of Semester System. For instance, semester system being practiced by the departments at the universities requires minimum ten teachers along with other support staff but in most of the college’s 1-3 subject teachers pull along with annual Programs of study.
To introduce 4-year Program fully the government will have to increase the number of teachers about five-fold of present strength in five years. It depends much on the availability of resources and the efficiency of the system to undertake recruitment of teachers to meet the immediate needs of the teaching departments.
The present number of sanctioned posts of college teachers for all subjects and grades are 3412 for boys and 1841 for girl’s colleges. These posts have been distributed among 179 colleges with subject-wise allocation. At present 100% college teachers are involved with teaching at Intermediate and 2-year degree classes. Majority of the colleges have one or two subject teachers and their number is logically far from sufficient to meaningfully launch 4-year degree Program.
The classes are over-crowded and teachers are over loaded with academic duties. Almost all the colleges are already short of requisite teaching staff. In such a condition introduction of 4 year degree classes require extra financial inputs from the government.
For the Further Details Regarding Check List of Focal Persons Nominated for KPK Monthly Fund/Stipend Scheme in Universities you must visit on this page regular you will complete details.
You Might Also Like
- PM Fee Reimbursement Scheme 2021 for Poor, Selected Areas ...
- HEC Banned Universities List 2021 Punjab KPK Sindh AJK
- CV Writing Tips Guide Online
- PM NAVTTC Youth Skills Development Program Phase-IV Batch-II...
- Sindh Vehicle Registration Online Smart Cards by Excise and ...
- Commonwealth Scholarships Pakistan Online Test Preparation
- Overseas Pakistanis Foundation OPF Scholarships Merit Awards...
- PIPFA Admissions Winter Session 2021 Eligibility Application...
- Prime Minister Youth Skills Development Program Phase-IV
- Naya Pakistan Housing Program Registration Form 2021 Downloa...