Punjab government has launched Pakistan’s first Free WIFI hotspot network in five major cities of the province. Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) is going to install around 200 hotspots in 5 big cities of the province, including Lahore, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, Multan and Islamabad, whereas internet coverage is being provided at an additional five hotspots throughout the two-kilometer length of Muree Mall Road. These Free WIFI hotspot would provide services to over 160,000 internet users for four hours a day. PITB is also considering introducing more strict measures to get the surfing of indecent content. These hotspots have already been installed at the mentioned points. PTIB is currently testing the internet usage and making ensure the smooth functioning of the operation after its formal launch.
Each hotspot would cater to around 800 to 1500 users, depending on the traffic at the location. Every Free WIFI hotspot would have four to five access points to provide 100 to 500 meters of internet coverage. The Residents of Lahore, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, Multan and Bahawalpur will soon be able to enjoy free Internet service as Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif has inaugurated the free service for five cities.
The project was initially planned for Lahore, Rawalpindi and Multan with plans for expand the project into other cities in the coming years. While the ambitious project is still far from complete, the cities which were a part of the initial roll out process have officially gained free internet service at major public places.
- Across most Metro bus stations
- Allama Iqbal International Airport
- Greater Iqbal Park
- City Bus Station
- Gaddafi Stadium
- Lahore Zoo
- Jalo Park
- Model Town Park
- Linear Park
- Jilani Park
- Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park
- National Bank Park
- Lahore Zoo Safari
- And several colleges, universities, government offices, markets and hospitals
- Across most metro bus stations
- Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium
- Municipal Football Stadium
- Benazir Bhutto Hospital
- Raja Bazar
- Railway Station
- Liaquat Bagh
- Rawalpindi Medical College
- Fatima Jinnah Women University
- Across some metro bus stations
- Across most metro bus stations
- Jinnah Park
- Gulshan Market
- Qila Qasim Bagh
- Shah Shams Park
- Hussain Aghi Bazar
- Nishtar Hospital
- Darbar Hazrat Baha-uddin Zakariya
- Courts, markets, government offices, parks and historical landmarks
- Mall Road
Markets, Hospitals and Parks.
Advantages of Free WIFI hotspot Programme:
- Most of the developed countries using Free WIFI hotspot in the public areas so that it could be a great initiative by our government.
- The Free WIFI hotspot in the colleges and universities would allow students to get the information they are looking for immediately on their handhelds. Further, free eBooks could also be downloaded from the internet.
- In hospitals, most of the time when a patient is diagnosed, he does not know anything about the details of his illness, the free WiFi hotspots in hospitals would allow patients to get every single bit of the information on their disease almost instantly for free.
- In markets, the shopkeepers often misguide the customer about the real price of a product, with free Wi-Fi hotspots in the market, people would be able to check the actual price of every product from the internet before purchasing anything.
You Might Also Like
- CTD Data Entry Operator Jobs 2019 To be Announced Soon
- Essay Writing competition 2019 Application forms and winners...
- UHS Lahore Entry Test 2019 Dates Time Schedule Online Apply ...
- BISE All Punjab Board Matric 9th/10th Class Result 2019 Chec...
- HITEC University Taxila Admission 2019 Entry Test Last Date ...
- KPK Govt Internship 2019 Directorate of Culture Apply online
- HBL Cash Officers Job 2019 for Fresh Graduates Students in P...
- HBL Jobs 2019 Latest Apply online for All Over Pakistan Habi...
- UET Lahore Combined Entry Test 2019 ECAT Schedule and Regist...
- SBP New Currency Notes Service launched in Pakistan