19th NSTC by HEC and PIEAS National Science Talent Contest Apply Online
The registration dates to participate in the 19th NSTC by HEC and PIEAS National Science Talent Contest NTSC are released by the STEM Careers Program. The winners will have the possibility to participate as Pakistan in an international scientific contest, including the International Biology Olympiad in Armenia, International Mathematics Olympiad in Norway, International Physic Olympiad in Belarus as well as in the International Chemistry Olympiad in China. Applications to participate in the 19th NSTC by HEC and PIEAS Pakistan Science Talent Olympiad can be received on February 20th, 2023. The test will take place on March 19, 2023. The exact date for the test will be announced later.
Schedule for 19th NSTC by HEC and PIEAS
- Announcement Date: 08-01-2023
- Last Date to Apply: 20-02-2023
- Test Date: 19-03-2023
What are STEM Careers Programme and NSTC?
STEM Careers Program, is an initiative of the Higher Education Commission (HEC) and Pakistan Institute of Engineering & Applied Sciences (PIEAS) to encourage the future youth of Pakistan into careers that focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
19th NSTC by HEC and PIEAS National Science Talent Contest Apply Online
Eligibility Criteria for 19th NSTC by HEC and PIEAS
- Students in the 9th and 10th grades and O-level Part-1, O-level part II and the FSc. part-I, A-Level part-I.
- Achievements of 60% or more in the core subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics.
- A younger age than on the 30th of June in 2024.
- Students currently taking part in FSc Part-II or A-Level Part-II or university students aren’t qualified to apply.
Stem Competition Pakistan
STEM Careers Program is an initiative of the Higher Education Commission (HEC) and Pakistan Institute of Engineering & Applied Sciences (PIEAS) to motivate the young people of Pakistan towards careers within Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). In addition, STEM teams are a part of Pakistan at International Science Olympiads (ISOs) in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics, which are organized around the globe, showing the inherent talent of Pakistan through these contests via NSTC. National Science Talent Contest is an extension of the National Physics Talent Contest (NPTC) which was launched in 1995.
STEM is announcing it will be hosting the 19th National Science Talent Contest (NSTC-19) for the International Science Olympiad. STEM is a program of the government to encourage learning in Science & Technology fields. But, STEM Career Programs are an initiative jointly run by PIEAS, the Higher Education Commission (HEC), and PIEAS. Candidates who participate in this NTSC contest will be able to enjoy a range of advantages. The last date for registration for the NSTC-19 contest is February 15, 2022.
History of STEM Careers Program-NSTC
The first International participation of the Pakistan Team was in the 32nd International Physics Olympiads that took place in Antalya, Turkey in 2001. The performance of Pakistani students was extremely positive at the Olympiad since one team member was awarded an honorable mention, and received the highest prize for performance given the very first time that they participated in the country. In 2003, the success of the Pakistan teams allowed us to expand the Program to Biology, Math, and Chemistry with the help of the Higher Education Commission (HEC) and, since this time, Pakistani Teams are regularly taking part in these every year International Science Olympiads across the world. They have won a total of the equivalent of 109 medals. These include Silver(04), Bronze(57) Honorable Mention (45) and Merit Certificate (01), and Special Award (02).
In 2018, the Pakistan Teams won one Bronze Medal and three Honorable Mentions, and one Merit Certificate.
The STEM Careers Programme has launched its 19th National Science Talent contest (NSTC-19) to select Pakistani teams to compete at the International Science Olympiads in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics that will be held between February 20th 2023, to this end, we have included the poster of the NSTC-19 contest along with an overview of the STEM Program, for reference. Furthermore, STEM Careers Programme is providing scholarships through BS Programs for the last teams which will represent Pakistan participating in the International Olympiads, in the most prestigious Universities of Pakistan.
Benefits of NTSC-19
- Contest winners will receive cash prizes and certificates.
- The team members from the Olympic Games will be enrolled in the PIEAS B.S. Programs without no taking an entrance exam.
- They’ll be able to represent Pakistan at the International Science Olympiad for different disciplines in different countries, including:
- International Biology Olympiad (IBO) in Russia
- International Chemistry Olympiad (ICO) in Switzerland
- International Physics Olympiad (IPO) in Japan
- International Maths Olympiad (IMO) in Japan
How to Apply for 19th NSTC by HEC and PIEAS
- Candidates can register themselves for NSTC-19 through the STEM Website (https://stem.edu.pk/registration).
- Candidates were required to pay Rs. 800 for processing fees.
- Applicants have to deposit the fees in bank Account # 00427991660803(Account Title: PIEASAPF) of Habib Bank Limited
- The date of the last day is 20 February 2023.
Purpose Behind 19th NSTC by HEC and PIEAS
- To inspire young people of our nation to choose to pursue jobs in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) and prepare them for every year’s International Olympiad in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics.
- Encourage engineering students to think of inventive solutions to problems of national importance, particularly those related to the locally-based industry as well as R & D.
- National Science Talent Contest (NSTC) attempts to tackle the first aspect of the mission. National Engineering Competition (NEC) focuses on the second portion of this mission.
Award of NSTC Program
NSTC received international and national recognition for the nation by winning bronze and silver medals as well as honorable mentions. Participants in this Contest are chosen and trained through a rigorous selection process.
NSTC Life Cycle
- Students who achieved 70% or more marks. or more marks in 9th,10th O Level, FSC (Part-I) Level A Level (Part-I).
- Nationwide Screening Tests are conducted across cities of major importance .
- The top 50 students are selected to attend a week-long completely residential training camp for each NSTC subject according to their performance on the screening Test.
- The process of grooming and selection gradually narrows the list to the top 4-6 students from each of the subject areas.
- Olympiad teams consisting of 4-6 students are chosen through the subsequent training camps throughout the year for the participation in International Science Olympiads to represent their nation.
- Pakistan participates regularly in the International Physics Olympiad since 2001 as well as in the Mathematics Olympiad since 2005 and in the Biology and Chemistry Olympiad, The performance of Pakistani teams at the Olympiads has been very encouraging.
Registration Procedure for 19th NSTC by HEC and PIEAS
Online Registration Formula:
Students must fill out online registration forms with current details . There will be on-the-spot age verifications, which means that they can save time that was previously spent on crossing checks manually.
Fee Deposit and Fill-in Details:
The student will pay the fees and will enter information online, uploading of scan copies of the submitted Chalan.
Verification via the Control Panel:
On the admin side, student information and Chalan’s details will be checked.
Allocate the Centre and Send a Call Letter:
Test centers and times will all be scheduled online. A call letter will be generated and sent to the verified students.
Download Call Letters:
Students will download their invitation letters from the website.
Equivalent Pertacges for NSTC-19
For O/A Levels Students, equivalent percentages for Grades for the NTSC-19 contest are the following:
D = 55
NSTC-19 Screening Test Cities
For the NSTC-19, the government will make the test centers in 19 different cities. That is:
Contact Details for 19th NSTC by HEC and PIEAS
Address: STEM Careers Programme, Higher Education Commission, Sector H-8/1, Islamabad, Pakistan
Phone: (+92) 51-90402615 / 9250860
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
You Might Also Like
- Rawalpindi Board 9th 10th Class Roll No Slips 2023 Download ...
- Pakistan Railway Seat Reservation Online 2023 E-Ticket Mobil...
- BISE Gujranwala Admission Form 2023 Online 9th 10th Inter FA...
- Hajj Policy 2023 Pakistan Govt Announced with All Packages D...
- PM Punjab Apni Gari Scheme 2023 Online Application Form
- HEC Teacher Education Road Map 2023 for Universities Through...
- HEC Stops Admissions to Isra University Including All Campus...
- 35th International Pak Orthocon Conference 2023 Registration...
- Agreement of Private Medical and Dental Colleges for Cut Off...
- Private Medical Colleges Warned For Demand of Fee Before Gov...