Applications are invited by Pakistan Railways Headquarters Office, Lahore from eligible candidates across the Pakistan in order to enhance efficiency of the organizations and to fulfill gaps which are going to arise due to shortage of staff as well. Pakistan Railway jobs which have been advertised which are 900 plus in number for dynamic, experience and qualified individuals across the Pakistan.
PR believes on the Principle of Synergy as work must be in team form in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness. To fulfill the afore-mentioned vacant positions Pakistan Railway is going to assign this responsibility to Pakistan Testing Service (PTS) for achieving the standard of merit and transparency as well.
Eligible candidates are strongly encourage to apply on these posts. Test schedule along with list of eligible candidates shall be displayed here soon after closing the date of submission of application which have been mentioned below as well. After taking test, PTS is also responsible for conducting interview and ultimately final selection of the candidates under the supervision of concerned authorities of Pakistan Railway.
Its mandatory upon the PTS to follow mandatory rules and regulations as well as instructions forwarded by Pakistan Railway. The Detail of vacancies is going to discuss below:
Summary of Positions:-
Sub-Engineer Civil Category:-
- Sub-Engineer/Way (BPS-11)
- Sub-Engineer/ Bridges (BPS-11)
- Sub-Engineer / Drawing (BPS-11)
Sub Engineer Electrical Category:-
- Sub-Engineer/ Signal Shop (BPS-11)
- Sub Engineer / RTL (BPS-11)
- Sub-Engineer / Signal (BPS-11)
- Sub-Engineer / Telecom (Power Supply) (BPS-11)
- Sub-Engineer / Telecom (BPS-11)
Sub-Engineer Mechanical Category:-
- Sub-Engineer Electrical (Diesel)(BPS-11)
- Sub-Engineer/ C&W (BPS-11)
- C-Class Trade Apprentices on Workshops Division
- S.M. Group Students
- Guard Grade-I
- Assistant Driver
- Commercial Group Students
- Signal Maintainer
- C-Class Trade Apprentices on Operating Division
Pakistan Railways provide an important mode of Transportation in the farthest corners of the country and brings them closer for Business, sight seeing, pilgrimage and education. It has been a great integrating force and forms the life line of the country by catering to its needs for large scale movement of people and freight. Pakistan Railways forms the life line of the country by catering to its needs for large scale movement of freight as well as passenger traffic. It not only contributes to its economic growth but also promotes national integration.
- Application form could be filled which have been available on this page.
- Candidates are also required to submit hard copy of the application form duly signed and filled, with supporting documents, copy of CNIC, and two fresh passport size photographs and self addressed duly stamped return envelope directly to PTS(Pakistan Testing Services) through courier on the address mentioned on application form i.e. PTS (Pakistan Testing Services), 3rd Floor, Adeel Plaza, Fazal-e-Haq Road, Blue Area, Islamabad.
- Application forms may also be obtained from Railway Divisional Offices at Peshawar, Rawalpindi, Lahore, Multan Sukkur, Karachi, Quetta and Moghalpura Workshop.
- Test fees of Rs. 180/-shall be paid in any branch of United Bank Limited on prescribed online deposit slip (Online deposit slip is attached with application form)or demand draft of any Bank payable in Islamabad in favor M/S PTS(Pakistan Testing Services).
- No application will be entertained in case the requisite fee as per instruction is not deposited.
- PTS’s copy of original slip must be attached with hard copy of the application forms.
- Eligibility of the candidates shall be determined on the basis of applicants’ qualification, performance in written test (to be conducted by PTS i.e. PTS (Pakistan Testing Services)and interview within the criteria/policy devised by the department.
- Incomplete applications or applications carrying incorrect information shall be summarily rejected.
- Only those candidates who fulfill the laid down criteria are eligible to apply.
- Roll No. Slips containing the information regarding test center, timings and test date shall separately be dispatched directly to candidates by PTS (Pakistan Testing Services) at least one week before the test.
- Candidates can also download their Roll No Slips, and papers content distribution from PTS (Pakistan Testing Services) website later.
- No TA/DA shall be admissible for interview.
- Pakistan Railways has the right to alter the number and distribution of vacancies.
- Applicants can apply for more than one post.
Pakistan Railway Jobs 2019 PTS Application Form Download Eligibility Criteria Apply Last Date
- 18-25 years + 5 years General Age Relaxation in upper age limit on the closing date for receipt of applications i.e. on 8th March, 2019.
- The age of candidates belonging to the scheduled Castes, Buddhist Community, Sindh Rural & Baluchistan recognized tribes of the Tribal Areas, Azad Kashmir and Northern Areas is relaxed for 3 years.
- In case of Ex-Servicemen, the upper age limits is relaxed to the extent of 15 years or the number of years actually served in the Armed Forces of Pakistan, whichever is less.
- The age of Government servants and contract employees who have completed 2 years continuous Government service on the closing date for receipt of application is relaxed by 10 years up to the age of 55 years.
- The age of disabled candidates is relaxed by 10 years in the categories in which their quota has been specified.
- The age of widow or child of deceased Civil Servant who has died during service is relaxed by05 years.
- Where a candidate is entitled to age relaxation under more than one category specified above, he shall be allowed relaxation in age only in one category.
Educational eligibility for above said positions is going mention as Metric 2nd Division with science and 3 years Diploma of Associate Engineer in Civil Technology, Metric 2nd DE engineer in Electrical, Electronic, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology, first division with science and 3 years Diploma of Associate ,Metric 2nd Division with science and 3 years Diploma of Associate Engineer in Mechanical Technology, B.A./B.Sc. 2nd Division or equivalent recognized by HEC with six months Computer Course. F.A./F.Sc 2nd Division, Metric 2nd Division with two years Certificate in Electrical/ Electronics from Board of Technical Education.
Additional quotas to be observed:-
- 20% quota for son/daughter of Railways Employee including 2% fixed for son/daughter of Railways deceased employees.
- 5% quota for Minorities/non Muslims in all categories.
- 5% quota for Orphans in all categories.
The candidate selected will be required to:-
- Pass prescribed Medical Examination and clearance by Security Agencies
- Undergo specified training.
- Join duty anywhere in Pakistan Railways systems e.g. Peshawar, Rawalpindi, Lahore, Multan, Sukkur, Quetta & Karachi etc.
- If any document provided by candidates is found bogus during the admission process and afterwards the appointment will be treated as cancelled.
Weightage for Selection:-
- 70% written Test
- 30% interview.
Procedure For Submission of Application:-
The applicants shall submit their applications along with supporting documents directly to Pakistan Testing Services (PTS) on the below mentioned address:
3rd Floor, Adeel Plaza, Fazal-e-Haq Road, Blue Area, Islamabad.
Last Date to Apply?
Last date of submission of applications is 8th March, 2019. For getting further update and information make sure your frequent visit on this page as well.