The Inter-Services Intelligence was created as an independent unit in 1948 in order to strengthen the performance of Pakistan’s Military Intelligence with the coordination with in the all three forces. ISI was formerly in the Intelligence Bureau (IB), but now it is an independent supreme agency of Pakistan.
ISI’s headquarters are located in Islamabad, and currently the head of the ISI is called the Director General- who has to be a serving Lieutenant General in the Pakistan Army.
The main task of ISI is to protect Pakistan and its interests against enemies and to gather information related to foreign and domestic affairs with the co-ordination of the three military services (i.e. Pak Army, Pak Air-force & Pak Navy) and surveillance.
Major Departments of ISI are:
- Joint Intelligence X (JIX)
- Joint Intelligence Bureau (JIB)
- Joint Counter Intelligence Bureau (JCIB)
- Joint Intelligence North (JIN)
- Joint Intelligence Miscellaneous (JIM)
- Joint Signal Intelligence Bureau (JSIB)
- Joint Intelligence Technical (JIT)
- SS Directorate (SSD)
Here I will tell you two ways to be a part of Intelligence Service of Pakistan or career in ISI. First way is to join the armed forces of Pakistan like Pak Army, Navy or PAF. This is called as indirect way. Other way is to join directly Intelligence Services of Pakistan through Federal Public Service Commission of Pakistan.
Indirect way to join ISI:
If you have a dream to become a part of intelligence services of Pakistan then it is required that you should first join armed forces of Pakistan like Pak Army, PAF and Navy. All armed forces can join intelligence services whether officers, junior officer or non-commissioned officers. After joining the armed forces of Pakistan you have to apply for admission and appear in basic test.
Upon clearing the test you will be sent into the Inter-Services Intelligence School. After finishing the intelligence course, you can apply to be posted in Field Intelligence Units (FIU) or in the directorate of Military/Air/Naval intelligence. Then you have to wait for a temporary posting in intelligence services. Senior officers are rank as majors.
Direct way to join ISI:
This is another procedure to be a part of intelligence service of Pakistan. You can directly join intelligence service of Pakistan because jobs are advertised and then Federal Public Services Commission (FPSC) conducts various examinations testing then selected candidates are invited for an interview which is conducted by a joint committee comprising both ISI and FPSC officials.
Then you have to go through medical fitness test and other psychological tests. Recruited agents then go to the Inter-Services Intelligence School for basic training then they are employed.
However civilians are offered Joint Intelligence X (JIX), Joint Intelligence Bureau (JIB) and Joint Counterintelligence Bureau (JCIB) departments. These were the two basic methods of join intelligence services of Pakistan. You can share your views with us in the comments section below.
You Might Also Like
- PPSC Jobs 2020 Apply Online Consolidated Advertisement No 26...
- Anti Corruption Establishment PPSC ASI Jobs 2020 Apply Onlin...
- Civil Judge exam 2020 Jobs syllabus Results Test Preparation...
- Sports Youth Affairs Department SPSC Jobs 2020 Apply Online
- Environment Climate Change Coastal Development SPSC Jobs 202...
- State Life Insurance SLIC ETS Jobs 2020 Download Application...
- Education Department Gilgit Baltistan CTSP Jobs 2020 Apply O...
- Board of Revenue PPSC Jobs 2020 Apply Online
- Pakistan Agricultural Storage Services Corporation Jobs 2020...
- Specialized Healthcare and Medical Education Department PPSC...