Software engineering is one of the emerging fields due to computer technology. A software engineer deals with software part of computer. Software Engineers are in great demand these days. Career in engineering is thought as one of the best career options in the world and software engineering has great scope in every part of the world.
A software engineer is the demand of every good company. Software engineer can get attractive salary and they can work in different areas like software houses, software publishers, wired telecommunication carriers, and in many IT companies where their demand is very high.
If you want to become a software engineer then it is necessary that you should have great interest in computer science and an engineering degree. Software engineering is very competitive and dynamic field which required talented individuals.
Career in Software Engineering in Pakistan Job Opportunities Scope Requirements Career Guidance in Software Engineering
Guidelines step by step to become software Engineer:
- For admission to Computer & Software Engineering the candidate having passed F.Sc. with Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science as major subjects will also be eligible. It is called CS with computer science and physics.
- In our country many private and public sector universities offer software engineering programs. The list is given below. Then you have to apply at any university offering software engineering.
- You are required to appear in entry test conducted by the university and then final evaluation is made depending upon your results.
- If you are selected for admission then after 4 years you will complete your engineering. Software engineering course duration is 4 years which comprise of 8 semesters.
It is necessary that you must know about the university is PEC recognized or not before applying for admission in any university because The Pakistan Engineering council is a regulatory body of engineers in Pakistan. The PEC grants registration certificates to those graduates only who complete their engineering studies from Universities offering engineering programs.
- After completing your degree you will require some experience to become professional engineering in order to earn handsome salary. Software Engineering is high paid career option.
Job opportunities Scope for Software Engineers:
We can co-relate the Career opportunities with experience. More the experience more will be the career opportunities. There are many job opportunities for software engineers in different organizations. They can work in organizations giving software solutions to people. They should refer to newspaper advertisement for a job.
Software Engineering graduates can start their career doing internship at any good company. Computer Engineering has two career sides i.e. Software Engineering and Hardware Engineering. Every specific field has its own scope in the world.
Computer Software Engineers can work as programmers, web developers and E- commerce specialists with industries that build or use computer-based systems, such as telecommunications, automotive, aerospace, etc.
National and multi-national computer manufacturing companies; software design and development companies, computer networking companies, software development companies as well as data processing departments of modern industries and in areas where computers and computer-aided systems are used, such as aeronautics and space science, the petroleum industry, chemical plants and power plants and management consultancy organizations are some among the probable work places.
Software engineers with experience of several years may be offered lucrative opportunities to work as system designers or independent consultants or may start their own computer consultation firms. Major communication companies also require software engineers. Therefore you should seriously think about adopting this career choice and strive hard to achieve your goal.