Being an agricultural country there are lots of career opportunities in the field of agriculture in Pakistan. Agriculture has great impact on everyday life. All the things that we eat and wear are due to agriculture. Food and clothes are all products of agriculture sciences.
Agricultural scientists play a vital role in maintaining the food supply by increasing domestic product. They use various techniques to enhance the crop growth. Agriculture experts implement efficient and precise pest and disease management strategies can be helpful in increasing the crop yield and ultimately to boost the economy of the country.
Career in Agriculture in Pakistan Requirements Scope and Jobs Opportunities Learning guide in Agriculture Field
Agriculture education in Pakistan:
There are various courses offered by institutions of Pakistan in the field of Agriculture. Agriculture study is vast and every field focuses on specific branch of agriculture. In Pakistan various universities offer a four year degree program of BSc (Hons) in Agriculture with specialization in Agronomy, Soil Science, Horticulture, Agricultural Entomology, Plant Pathology and Plant Breeding & Genetics.
MSc and PhD programs are also offered. If you want to get admission in agriculture programs you should have done intermediate in pre-medical with more than 50% marks. Various courses offered in agriculture are given below:
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Agricultural Entomology
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Agronomy
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Food Sciences & Technology
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Plant Breeding & Genetics
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Plant Pathology
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Soil Science
- B.Sc. Agricultural Engineering
- M.Sc (Hons) Agricultural Entomology
- M.Sc (Hons) Plant Breeding & Genetics
- M.Sc (Hons) Plant Pathology
- M.Sc (Hons.] Horticulture
- M.Sc. (Hons.) Agronomy
- M.Sc. (Hons.) Soil Science
- M.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture
- Ph. D. in Agricultural Engineering
- Ph.D Agricultural Entomology
- Ph.D Plant Breeding & Genetics
- Ph.D Forestry Range & Wildlife Management
- Ph.D Plant Pathology
- Ph.D Agronomy
- Ph.D Food Sciences & Technology
- Ph.D Horticulture
- Ph.D Soil Science
- Ph.D. Agriculture
Students who pursue a degree in agriculture have various jobs opportunities in Pakistan. Students specializing in Plant Protection have job opportunities in various research and service organizations like Plant Protection, PARC, PCSIR, NIAB, NIA, ARI, Seed testing and production organizations etc., as well as in plant and pesticide related national and multinational organizations.
They can also serve as farm managers. The can get job in Federal Departments of Agriculture Research , Private Pesticide Companies, Seed Corporation of Pakistan, Fertilizer Companies, Progressive Farms, Soil Testing Laboratories, Tissue Culture Laboratories, Genetic Engineering Laboratories , Private Farms, Cut Flower Industry, Land scaping in Housing Authorities, Agri-Based Industries , Live Stock Department, Universities, Commercial Banks, Private & Public Consultancies.
In all graduates can find employment in academic teaching and research, industrial research in the food and feed industries, in laboratory research programs with governmental and multinational companies.
You Might Also Like
- My Aim in life to Become a Doctor
- My Aim in life to Become a Engineer
- Why You Want to Join Pakistan Army, Navy or PAF
- Bank of Punjab BOP Jobs 2021 Apply Online
- Top Fields After Inter FSc Pre Medical 12th Best Career
- Career in Accounting and Finance in Pakistan Scope
- Chief Minister E Rozgaar Training Programme 2021 Apply Onlin...
- CTI Jobs in Punjab Colleges Teaching Internee Jobs 2021 Inte...
- Join Pak Army Through Talent Hunt Program 2021 For Male and ...
- Top Fields After Inter FSc Pre Engineering 12th Best Career ...