The most reputable Public sector institute Quaid-i-Azam University has announced the spring admission 2018.It was established in July 1967 under the Act of National Assembly and started teaching and research programs for PhD and MPhil degrees. It was, however, gradually and later decided to offer Master’s, graduate, and now undergraduate programs. The University, for its international repute, faculty and programs attracts a large number of foreign students although it offers admission to a measured number of students from all regions of the country as it is a federal public sector university.Now its plausible for you that spring admission for MS/M.Phill programs are being offered by the QAU against 16 years education respectively.
QAU Qaid-i-Azam University MS/M.Phill Spring Admissions 2018
The admissions to courses leading to the degree of Master of Philosophy, abbreviated MPhil/MS are invited from all over Pakistan and admissions are made on the basis of merit. Eligible foreign students are admitted subject to a valid visa and NOC from HEC.
- Shall possess an MA/MSc degree or its equivalent in the relevant discipline.
- Must obtained first division in MA/MSc or BA/BSc or at least 60% marks in BS (Hons) and all other 4-5 years degrees.
- Shall not have obtained third division in BA/BSc or MA or MSc.
- In case of a third division in FA/FSc, the candidate should have obtained first division in both BA/BSc and MA/MSc; or at least 60% marks in BS (Hons) and all other 4-5 years degrees.
- Provided that any of the conditions (ii) (iv) above may be relaxed by the Vice-Chancellor in case of a teacher of a university/college and or an employee of a research organization.
- Shall have passed NTS GAT-General/ GRE-General with at least 50% accumulative score.
- Anyone who has been rusticated or expelled by any University or College for misconduct or for use of unfair means in the examinations or any offence involving moral turpitude.
- Anyone who was admitted earlier to MPhil programmes but later was declared to have ceased to be a student of the University under these regulations.
- Anyone who is currently on the rolls of this or any other University.
Procedure For Admission:-
- Each candidate shall make an application for admission in response to an advertisement by the University on a prescribed form alongwith documents required.
- The admissions to MPhil/MS programme are made on the basis of cumulative merit to be determined by the previous academic record, written test and interview, following the scheme given below:
Admission Marks Distribution
- Marks for Written Test = (40 or 50) &for interview=10(if conducted)
- Previous Academic Record = 50
- Total: 100
Previous Academic Record” Marks Distribution
- FSc (Max. 15)
- 45-49 05
- 50-54 07
- 55-59 09
- 60-64 11
- 65-69 13
- ≥70 15
BSc (Max. 17)
- 45-49 07
- 50-54 09
- 55-59 11
- 60-64 13
- 65-69 15
- ≥70- 17
MSc Annual System (Max. 18)
- 45-49 08
- 50-54 10
- 55-59 12
- 60-64 14
- 65-69 16
- ≥70 18
MSc Semester System (Max. 18)
- 50-54 04
- 55-59 06
- 60-64 08
- 65-69 10
- 70-74 12
- 75-79 14
- 80-84 16
- ≥85 18
BS (Hons) & all other 4- 5 years Degrees (Max. 35)
- 60-64 18
- 65-69 21
- 70-74 24
- 75-79 27
- 80-84 30
- ≥85 35
Note: (Fraction <0.40 shall be ignored and >0.50 shall be read as next whole number)
Less than 45% marks in FSc, BSc, MSc Annual System; Less than 50% marks in MSc Semester System and Less than 60% marks in BS (Hons) & all other 4 to 5 years Degrees will be graded as zero marks.
• Written tests are normally held in the respective Department/School/Institute/Center according to the schedule announced.
• The admission to MPhill/MS is approved by the Advanced Studies and Research Board after a candidate has qualified a written test and interview and is recommended by the Selection Committee of the department/school/institute/centre concerned.