Selection of the right combination is the most important factor in determining the success as well merit of the candidates.The aspirants of CSS always need proper guidance at the various stages of their preparation. The first stage in this is the selection of the optional subjects, carrying 600 marks.Selection of the right combination is the most important factor in determining the success as well merit of the candidates. Keeping in view the various academic backgrounds of the candidates, the selection of the subjects on the basis of their aptitude and background becomes even more complicated.
As a result, most of the students remain confused, not only in the beginning but even after selecting the subjects. They keep on switching over from subject to the other and ultimately find themselves in a mess. On the other hand, those who get proper guidance at the time of selecting their optional subjects, they remain very comfortable throughout their preparation and also get the desired result in the long run. So the subject selection must be given due consideration in the beginning.
Complete Detail of CSS 2022 Exam
A candidate has to appear in the following four parts of CSS Exam:
- Written Exam
- Medical Test
- Psychological Test
- Viva Voce
CSS Written Exam
- The written exam consists of twelve (12) papers. Out of which six (6) are compulsory papers and the remaining six (6) are optional papers. Each paper has 100 marks.
- The written exam carries 1200 marks in total. Out of which 600 marks are for compulsory papers and 600 marks are for optional papers.
- Time allowed for each paper is 3 Hours.
- Each paper has Part-I (Objective part) and Part-II (Subjective part). Part-I is attempted on a separate sheet which collected back after 30 minutes.
- Qualifying marks for compulsory paper is 40% and for optional paper is 33%.
- Optional papers are to be selected from the groups of subjects in the list according to the rules specified for them by FPSC.
- The list of compulsory and optional paper is as follows:
COMPULSORY SUBJECTS (600 MARKS)
- English Essay: 100 Marks
- English (Precis and Composition): 100 Marks
- General Science & Ability: 100 Marks
- Current Affairs: 100 Marks
- Pakistan Affairs: 100 Marks
- Islamic Studies OR Comparative Study of Major Religions (For Non Muslims): 100 Marks
- Total Marks: 600
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS (600 MARKS)
Group-I: (To select one subject of (200 marks) only)
- Accountancy & Auditing: 200 Marks
- Economics: 200 Marks
- Computer Science: 200 Marks
- Political Science: 200 Marks
- International Relations: 200 Marks
Group-II: (To select subject(s) of 200 marks only)
- Physics: 200 Marks
- Chemistry: 200 Marks
- Applied Mathematics: 100 Marks
- Pure Mathematics: 100 Marks
- Statistics: 100 Marks
- Geology: 100 Marks
Group-III: (To select one subject of 100 marks only)
- Business Administration: 100 Marks
- Public Administration: 100 Marks
- Governance & Public Policies: 100 Marks
- Town Planning & Urban Management: 100 Marks
Group-IV: (To select one subject of 100 marks only)
- History of Pakistan & India: 100 Marks
- Islamic History & Culture: 100 Marks
- British History: 100 Marks
- European History: 100 Marks
- History of USA: 100 Marks
Group-V: (To select one subject of 100 marks only)
- Gender Studies: 100 Marks
- Environmental Sciences: 100 Marks
- Agriculture & Forestry: 100 Marks
- Botany: 100 Marks
- Zoology: 100 Marks
- English Literature: 100 Marks
- Urdu Literature: 100 Marks
Group-VI: (To select one subject of 100 marks only)
- Law: 100 Marks
- Constitutional Law: 100 Marks
- International Law: 100 Marks
- Muslim Law & Jurisprudence: 100 Marks
- Mercantile Law: 100 Marks
- Criminology: 100 Marks
- Philosophy: 100 Marks
Group-VII: (To select one subject of 100 marks only)
- Journalism & Mass Communication: 100 Marks
- Psychology: 100 Marks
- Geography: 100 Marks
- Sociology: 100 Marks
- Anthropology: 100 Marks
- Punjabi: 100 Marks
- Sindhi: 100 Marks
- Pashto: 100 Marks
- Balochi: 100 Marks
- Persian: 100 Marks
- Arabic: 100 Marks
Best Recommended Books For CSS:- Click Here
Depending on who you ask, the selection of optional subjects can be controversial. There is no right or wrong way to choose the subjects for CSS examinations. Some will say that there is no correct way and you should pick what is most comfortable. Others will argue that it is a very important decision and should be taken seriously. CSS is an enormous decision that should not be taken lightly. You should not allow for any error.
CSS Marks Scoring Subjects Combination Complete Guide 2022
This blog will focus on the Best CSS Optional Subjects and their selection strategy. We’ll be looking at all CSS optional subject lists. Many students want to know the best combination of CSS optional subjects that will help them pass the CSS exam. This blog will discuss the “Best CSS Optional Subjects.” This blog “Selection & Tips” will provide you with useful tips and tricks to help you score well in your CSS exam.
Syllabus Revision Impact On Exam
Revision of groups by FPSC has made it less difficult for applicants with backgrounds in Arts & Humanities than for those with Science degrees. However, it doesn’t make it impossible to study arts subjects. It is important to have an interest in a subject and a keenness for it.
There are 45 subjects that can be chosen, divided into seven groups. The total number of subjects must exceed 600. You can choose International Relations (200), Business Administration (100%), US History (100), Gender Studies (100%), Sociology (100%) for 600 marks. For further clarification, see the attached list of optional subjects and requirements.
Consider whether the subject overlaps with other subjects. This means that you could prepare for one subject while also preparing for another. This strategy saves time and energy. The content of Political Science overlaps with 30 percent of Governance and Public Policy, 30 percent of US History, 25 percent of Public Administration, and 10% of Gender Studies. It can also be used to help with English Essay or Pakistan Affairs.
How to select optional subjects in CSS Exam
This assumes that candidates with different degrees, such as Sciences, Commerce, Arts & Humanities and Arts & Humanities, are trying to choose CSS subjects for their Exam. Let’s discuss each one individually with different combinations.
Is there any experience in CSS? Are they pursuing a degree in this subject? Are they familiar with the subject? Does the subject require Master’s or Bachelor’s degree knowledge? These are the questions to ask before you choose a subject. Computer Science, Botany, Accounting and Auditing, Botany, Botany, Agriculture and Forestry, and Economics are all subjects that should be chosen with a solid background. Otherwise, they can lead to failure.
- A subject carrying 100 marks has one paper. On the other hand, subject carrying 200 marks has two papers.
- Question papers in Urdu or other regional languages (i.e. Punjabi, Pashto, Sindhi, or Balochi), Arabic and Persian must be answered in the respective languages. However translation question (from respective language to English) in the same papers must be answered as directed in the question.
- There will be 20 MCQs in all compulsory papers except the paper of Essay. There will be 20 MCQs in all optional paper except paper of Applied Mathematics and Pure Mathematics.