Selection of the right combination is the most important factor in determining the success as well merit of the candidates.The aspirants of CSS always need proper guidance at the various stages of their preparation. The first stage in this is the selection of the optional subjects, carrying 600 marks.Selection of the right combination is the most important factor in determining the success as well merit of the candidates. Keeping in view the various academic backgrounds of the candidates, the selection of the subjects on the basis of their aptitude and background becomes even more complicated.
As a result, most of the students remain confused, not only in the beginning but even after selecting the subjects. They keep on switching over from subject to the other and ultimately find themselves in a mess. On the other hand, those who get proper guidance at the time of selecting their optional subjects, they remain very comfortable throughout their preparation and also get the desired result in the long run. So the subject selection must be given due consideration in the beginning.
Complete Detail of CSS 2021 Exam
A candidate has to appear in the following four parts of CSS Exam:
- Written Exam
- Medical Test
- Psychological Test
- Viva Voce
- The written exam consists of twelve (12) papers. Out of which six (6) are compulsory papers and the remaining six (6) are optional papers. Each paper has 100 marks.
- The written exam carries 1200 marks in total. Out of which 600 marks are for compulsory papers and 600 marks are for optional papers.
- Time allowed for each paper is 3 Hours.
- Each paper has Part-I (Objective part) and Part-II (Subjective part). Part-I is attempted on a separate sheet which collected back after 30 minutes.
- Qualifying marks for compulsory paper is 40% and for optional paper is 33%.
- Optional papers are to be selected from the groups of subjects in the list according to the rules specified for them by FPSC.
- The list of compulsory and optional paper is as follows:
COMPULSORY SUBJECTS (600 MARKS)
|2.||English (Precis and Composition)||100|
|3.||General Science & Ability||100|
|6.||Islamic Studies OR Comparative Study of||100|
|Major Religions (For Non Muslims)|
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS (600 MARKS)
Group-I: (To select one subject of (200 marks) only)
|11.||Accountancy & Auditing||200|
Group-II: (To select subject(s) of 200 marks only)
Group-III: (To select one subject of 100 marks only)
|24.||Governance & Public Policies||100|
|25.||Town Planning & Urban Management||100|
Group-IV: (To select one subject of 100 marks only)
|26.||History of Pakistan & India||100|
|27.||Islamic History & Culture||100|
|30.||History of USA||100|
Group-V: (To select one subject of 100 marks only)
|33.||Agriculture & Forestry||100|
Group-VI: (To select one subject of 100 marks only)
|41.||Muslim Law & Jurisprudence||100|
Group-VII: (To select one subject of 100 marks only)
|45.||Journalism & Mass Communication||100|
Best Recommended Books For CSS:- Click Here
- A subject carrying 100 marks has one paper. On the other hand, subject carrying 200 marks has two papers.
- Question papers in Urdu or other regional languages (i.e. Punjabi, Pashto, Sindhi, or Balochi), Arabic and Persian must be answered in the respective languages. However translation question (from respective language to English) in the same papers must be answered as directed in the question.
- There will be 20 MCQs in all compulsory papers except the paper of Essay. There will be 20 MCQs in all optional paper except paper of Applied Mathematics and Pure Mathematics.
You Might Also Like
- FPSC CSS Competitive Examination 2021 Online Registration
- CSS Examination 2021 Roll No Slip Download
- CSS Exams Date Sheet 2021 FPSC Exam Schedule Announced
- CSS Subject Selection Complete Guide 2021
- CSS Exam 2021 Pakistan Guide
- CSS Exams 2021 Online Test For Preparations Model Sample Pap...
- FPSC CSS Competitive Exams CE-2021 Online Test Preparations
- Best Recommended Books List for CSS Preparation For Passing
- Tips For CSS PMS Written Examination Preparation
- CSS Preparation Guide in Urdu