What is CSS?
Civil Services as it Defines have become the key wheels on which the entire engine of the state has to move.Hence the leaders for these services and drawn through the competitive examination. CSS exam usually conducted in the month of February each year.In this regard proper advertisement is publicized every year in the month of September.Examination fee has to be paid Rs.2200/against attemptation.Complete information about CSS Exam 2018 Pakistan Guide for fresh aspirants as well as repeated candidates may be seek below.
Who Conducts Competitive Exam?
- This Exam is conducted in a transparent way through Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC).
Who is eligible to appear for the exam?
- A citizen of Pakistan.
- Must hold at least a Bachelors Degree with the second division in any Faculty/Discipline from one of the Pakistani Universities or an equivalent degree or comparable educational qualifications of a foreign University.
- No candidate who has obtained a 2nd Division in his/her Bachelor’s Degree will be eligible for the Examination except in cases where he/she has obtained a higher Division in Master’s Degree.
- The relaxation is also available to candidates belonging to certain remote areas as defined by Government.
The age limit for admission in CSS Examination is 21-30 years, which is relaxable up-to 2 years for those who are already in Government Service and have completed 2 years service.
What is Selection Process for CSS?
- Announcement of CSS Exam
- Fulfillment of Eligibility Criteria by Candidates.
- Submission of Applications on or before closing date.
- Written Examination
- Medical Test
- Psychological Test
- Viva Voce.
There are 6 compulsory subjects of 100 marks each and the candidate has to select subjects of total 600 marks among optional subjects.After clearing the written part of the exam candidates appear in the Psychological test and viva voce test 300 marks.Thus Total marks are 1500.
How to Apply For CSS:
- One must deposit the exam fee in the nearest Govt Treasury/State Bank of Pakistan/National Bank Under the account head”CO2102-organs of state exam fee(FPSC Receipt)
- Fill in the online Application Form on the official website of FPSC.
- Attach the hard-copy of the Online form along with copies of your documents and bank-receipt to the FPSC headquarter,Islamabad.
- Your Complete application must reach FPSC headquarter Islamabad within ten days of the closing date.
Following documents must be attached with hard copy:
- Copies of educational documents
- other Required documents
- Bank receipt of deposited exam fee
- Experience Certificate if applicable
- other documents as required in the advertisement
- If any applicant has applied for relaxation of age limit he or she should submit the relevant certificate duly filled in by concerned authorities.
- All such certificates are available on the official website of FPSC.
- In compulsory Subjects 40% in each subject.
- Optional Subjects 33% in each subject
- Aggregate Marks must be 50%.
Number of Chances:
- A candidate who is otherwise eligible can avail maximum three chances.
Allocation of Groups/Services:
- The Qualified candidates are allocated groups keeping in view merit suitability report for any group/service,domicile of the candidate availability of post in concerned group.
- The seats for each group are referred to the commission by the establishment division which vary in number from year to year.
The following merit and provincial quotas shall be observed in filling vacancies reserved for direct recruitment to posts under the Federal Government which are filled on all Pakistan basis in pursuance of establishment.
- Merit: 7.5%
- Gilgit baltistan:4%
- 10% Quota is reserved for Women.
- 5% quota is for Minorities(Non Muslims).
- Disable candidates will compete in accordance with the Govt Recruitment policy.
Desired Cities for CSS Written Exam Center:
Karachi,Lahore Islamabad Peshawar Abbottabad Bahawalpur D.I Khan D.G Khan Faisalabad Gilgit Gujranawala Hyderabad Khuzdar Larkana Multan Muzaffarabad Okara Quetta Rawalpindi Sargodha Sialkot.
Places of Interview:
- Karachi Lahore Islamabad Peshawar Quetta.
CSS groups Detail:
Competitive Examination is held by the FPSC every year in October/November for induction of officers in Basic Pay Scale 17 into the Civil services of the Federation, for the following 10 Groups/Services under the Federal Government.
- Accounts Group
- Commerce and Trade Group
- Customs and Excise Group
- District Management Group
- Foreign service of Pakistan
- Information Group
- Income Tax Group
- Police Service of Pakistan
- Postal Group
- Railways (Commercial and Transportation) Group
Compulsory & Optional Subjects List Group Wise:
- General Science
- Pakistan Affairs
- Current Affairs
GROUP – I
- Accountancy & Auditing – I
- Accountancy & Auditing – II
- Economics – I
- Economics – II
- Computer Science – I
- Computer Science – II
- Political Science – I
- Political Science – II
- International Relations – I
- International Relations – II
GROUP – II
- Applied Mathematics
- Pure Mathematics
GROUP – III
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Governance & Public Policies
- Town Planning & Urban Management
GROUP – IV
- History of Pakistan & India
- Islamic History & Culture
- British History
- European History
- History of the U.S.A.
GROUP – V
- Gender Studies
- Environmental Sciences
- Agriculture & Forestry
- English Literature
- Urdu Literature
GROUP – VI
- Constitutional Law
- International Law
- Muslim Law & Jurisprudence
- Mercantile Law
GROUP – VII
- Journalism & Mass Communication
Check Your Aptitude to Pass CSS:
It is reality that there is no surety that one earns a bachelor’s or master degree in any of these disciplines with enthusiasm or keen interest.Most of us earned our degrees without re-knocking our attitude.Or we go for a discipline which is in fashion or sometimes we are left with no choice a hodsons choice.In CSS mater is quite different here.
We do not have to earn a degree rather we have to grab excellent marks.If these subjects are marks yielding it is reality too that these are one of those subjects which cant be solved with general knowledge.Remember in old days only Physical strength was a tool to get success but now physical strength was replaced by intelligence and intelligence replaced by power of Self-administration.So Only Criterion of Success is to administer yourself, administer your aptitude intelligence as well.
Last but not least point in opting optional subjects is to evaluate scope of subjects.Go for that subject where you have adequate interest coupled with relatively shorter syllabus instead of that subject where you feel too aptitude coupled with too much syllabus.
How to Start Preparation For CSS?
- Step-1 Select CSS optional Subjects
- Step-2 Know the Exact Date of CSS Schedule
- Step-3 Time Management(Do Smart Work than to Hard Work)
- Step-4 Filling Up Application Form
- Step-5 Preparing the documents to be attached with application Form
- Step-6 Improve your English
- Step-7 Preparation of Notes
- Step-8 Revise the notes of Whole Course
- Step-9 Taking the Practice Tests
- Step-10 Solving Question Papers