The Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program provides scholarships to Pakistani high school students for one academic session in United States. YES program scholarships, funded by the the US Department of State-Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, give secondary school students in many countries a new opportunity to study at American high schools and live with American host families for one academic year. The YES scholarship program is implemented by a consortium of organizations lead by American Councils. Since 2003, the Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program has been provided scholarships to more than 1100 Pakistani high school students.Youth Exchange Study Matric Scholarships in Pakistan 2018-2019 for high school students in Pakistan have been announced with immediate effect.
Youth Exchange Youth Exchange Study Matric Scholarships in Pakistan Application Form
Students are being enrolled in a full academic year of high school study in the US, attending classes, labs and extracurricular programs with their American classmates. YES students can also participate in special enrichment activities, including community service, youth leadership training, a civics education program and other activities that develop a well-rounded understanding of American culture through interaction with diverse groups of Americans. Likewise, participating students act as cultural ambassadors to their American host communities,becoming invaluable resources for Americans, whose contact with YES students provides them with an opportunity to learn about the rich and vibrant cultures of students’ home countries.Youth Exchange Study Matric Scholarships in Pakistan for high school students application form, eligibility, procedure and last date to apply is going to dispatch here on this page in very detailed manner.
Salient Features of The Programme:-
Youth Exchange Study Matric Scholarships in Pakistan programme remarkable characteristics are going to prescribe with full of important information as below.
- With Respect to financial coverage as this program is fully sponsored and the scholarship will cover all major costs like Airfare, US Visa Fee, boarding and lodging in the U.S.A., School Tuition and a $125 a month stipend.
- The program does not include high school diploma. The students will be enrolled in grades 10/11 in a US school. They will be given a mark sheets / transcripts for the subjects they study and other achievement certificates and letters.
- Selected students under Youth exchange study programme are placed with American host families for one academic year, and attend American high school for one academic session.
- These placements are done by a group of the US based students exchange organizations, that are well reputed and are approved by the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs accordingly.
- Female students are highly encouraged to apply they can wear their headscarves in schools, at the family and whenever or wherever they choose to wear. Students can also wear traditional Pakistani clothes to school and neighborhood if they want to.
- Halal foods can be purchased from the halal meat shops in the community or ordered by mail.
Staying back in the U.S.A. after the program end date is illegal and will be considered violation of rules.
Youth Exchange Study Matric Scholarships eligibility for Pakistani High school students are given below as.
- The age criteria is not flexible. The required age is minimum 15 years and maximum 17 years on 1st August, 2018 (the year they are traveling to the U.S.A.) for the program.
- Applicants with previous travel history to the U.S.A. are not eligible for the program.
- Pakistan nationals who reside in Pakistan are eligible to apply only.
- Secondary school students in their home country (Pakistan) who are currently (Academic year 2017-18) enrolled in 9th or 10th grade or ‘O’ Levels students.
- Minimum 60% marks in all major/core subjects (English, Mathematics, Sciences) in the last class attended; overall minimum average 60% marks for the past three years. (Students with a gap year or a repeated year are ineligible.)
- Can communicate in English Minimum 60% marks in the last English exam (2016-17) and minimum 60% marks in previous two years (2014-15 and 2015-16).
- Must not have traveled to the United States.
- Note:- Minimum 60% marks in all subjects in the examination that will be held before departure to the U.S.A. (The annual exams that will be held in 2018). Students will be required to send their mark sheets of the last examination when they receive the mark sheets.
How to Apply?
The Procedure to apply over Youth Exchange Study Matric Scholarships 2018-2019 is going to dispatch as below:
- Students who meet the Eligibility Criteria and agree to the Parent Student Agreement and General Program Rules (Please visit the website www.yespk.org or facebook https://facebook.com/YESProgamPakistan/), can apply for the scholarship.
- Female students, students with physical disabilities and students from non-elite and government schools who meet the criteria are strongly encouraged to apply.
To Download Preliminary Application Form:-Please Click Here
- The participating schools/organizations must collect fully completed Preliminary Applications with all required documents from students and submit the applications and required documents to the iEARN Center, Karachi.
- After the initial Preliminary Application screening, short listed applicants will be notified for YES Entry Test (proctored essays) through letters sent to their address mentioned in the Preliminary Applications.
- Students who pass the Entry Test will be sent/couriered Interview letters with YES Final Applications.
- Students who get through the interview will be required to take English Language Proficiency Test.
- Final selection of students will be based on Entry Test, Interview, neatly filled completed YES
- Final Application with all required documents and ELTiS test score.
- The finalists upon Youth Exchange Study Matric Scholarships will be notified by a letter and Scholarship Acceptance form from the YES Program Director.
Deadline for Apply:-
Last Date to Apply over Youth Exchange Study Matric Scholarships is 20th May, 2017. For getting more updates and information regarding scholarship programme and list of final candidates stay in touch with us.
You Might Also Like
- BUMHS Faculty Development Overseas Scholarship 2020
- Pakistan Engineering Council PEC Scholarship 2020
- Alfalah Scholarship Scheme 2020
- MORA Scholarship for Minorities 2020 Application form Downlo...
- Dalda foundation scholarship 2020 Application form Download ...
- HEC Undergraduate Scholarships 2020 Apply Online Students of...
- Lahore College of Intellectuals & Cadets LCIC Scholarsh...
- PM Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program 2020 Apply Onlin...
- Bise Sargodha Board Employees Children’s Scholarship 2020 ...
- Balochistan Worker Welfare Fund Talent Scholarships 2019-202...