The Govt. of the Punjab has launched “Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS)” 2018 under which eligible male and female students, as per the eligibility criteria set for this scheme from time to time, will be awarded scholarships for Ph.D level Education at the top ranked universities of the world. Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS) is a revolutionary step of Govt. of the Punjab which will enable the youth to study at the top ranked educational institutions of the world and play their vital role in strengthening & uplifting the economy of Pakistan. The scholarship scheme focuses the meritorious and dynamic students of Punjab while allocating a special quota for the students of other federating units of Pakistan as well.
These Scholarships are being given through Punjab Educational Endowment Fund(PEEF).The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) is an initiative of the Government of Punjab under the leadership of Chief Minister, Mr. Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif.This autonomous body is registered under section 42 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund is established with the objective of providing scholarships/monetary assistance to talented and needy students for pursuing quality education with equal opportunities. PEEF endeavors to bring best educational opportunities to the less privileged and talented youth of Punjab, and bring them at par with the most fortunate ones.
Students fulfilling the following criterion shall be eligible to apply for SSMS.
- Valid PhD admission offer from one of the Top 50 (Subject Wise) Universities of the World (QS ranking) in preferred subject areas (www.peef.org.pk/phdscholarship.asp)
- Not less than 60% marks throughout the academic career.
- Declared monthly family income (including self, spouse and parents) is equal to or less than Rs. 200,000/-
- Maximum age of 35 years on 29th March, 2018
- Not availed any foreign scholarship in the past.
- Must take up the scholarship in the year for which it is offered and the scholarship shall not be deferred to the next year.
- All Pakistani Nationals, both males and females are eligible to apply.
SSMS Foreign Scholarships 2018-2019 for PhD Apply Last Date
PhD Scholarships awarded under SSMS are fully funded and will cover the following costs:
- Tuition fees of the Degree Course.
- Boarding & Lodging (as per approved rates)
- Air Fare
Discipline wise allocation of scholarship:-
- 80 % scholarships are reserved for science disciplines.
- 20% of scholarships are reserved for Social Sciences/Humanities & Arts.
- 90% scholarships will be awarded to the students of Punjab.
- 10% scholarships has been allocated for the other federating units of Pakistan.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Existing permanent/regular faculty members of public sector teaching/educational institutions of Pakistan are not eligible to apply for Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships(SSMS).
- Preference shall be given to the students having Punjab Domicile, however a special quota has also been allocated for other provinces including AJK,Gilgit Baltistan(GB), FATA and Islamabad Capital Territory.
- To get admission in the university and apply for visa is the responsibility of applicant. Decision of the Scholarship Selection Committee shall be final.
- PEEF reserves the right to reject any application or call off the whole selection process without assigning any reason.
Last Date For the Submission of Application:-
- Last date for the submission of application is 29th March,2017. For further updated information make sure your frequent visits over here.
Check Other Related Topics
- University of Education UE Latest MS/M.Phill PhD Spring Admissions Fall 2018
- HEC Scholarships 2018 Aptitude Test Online Preparation Sample Questions Answers Papers
- Mora Scholarship Application Form 2018 Download
- 8th Class Paper Pattern 2018
- PM Laptop Scheme 2018 Registration Online Eligibility
- Stipendium Hungraicum Scholarship Programme 2018 Apply Online Criteria
- Australia Awards HEC Scholarships 2018 Pakistan Apply Online
- Punjab Educators Jobs 2018 NTS Recruitment Policy Download Online Pdf