CV stands for Curriculum Vitae that includes the information about an individuals’ personal details, educational history and professional experience. While writing a CV, think of yourself as a product that you are trying to sell to a employer. You need to make the employer realize that you are right person for this job.
That’s why, a CV needs to be attractive and eye catching because every employer receives hundreds of CV’s for one job and he certainly does not has the time to read each CV in detail so your CV should be built in a way that attracts the attention of the reader.
To help you in making a CV that stands out in the crowd, here we have listed some very crucial CV writing tips along with the latest formats of it that have been suggested by the professional employers of various organizations.
Let me clear one thing that there is no one best way for constructing a CV. The basic content that should be included in every CV is qualification & skills, career objective, professional experience and personal contact details.
Make sure that you keep the CV easy to read, up-to-date, targeted to the relevant job and informative but concise along with keeping it free of spelling & grammar mistakes because these are the most common mistakes done by applicants and that’s why there CV fail’s to impress and they are not called for a job interview.
The length of a CV also matters because the employers don’t have enough time to read long CV’s so keep it to one page or maximum two. Keep the font size of the text to 10 or maximum 12 with sub-heading at 12 or 14 as it looks good along with saving the space on the page.
You can find hundred of CV formats on internet and also the Microsoft curriculum vitae templates are available for free but it is strongly suggested that you don’t just stick to one format and try to create one of your own by mixing them together for a better result.
Check Other Related Topics
- PEEF Endowment Fund Scholarship 2017-18 Eligibility & Application Form Online
- Prime Minister Youth Skills Development Program Scheme 2017 Apply Online Registration Form, Eligibility
- Top 10 Richest People in Pakistan 2017
- Check Online NADRA CNIC Verification and ID Card Status Tracking
- PTCL One Year Paid Internship Program 2017 Eligibility Criteria Form Download Last Date
- Government Servants BPS Pay Scales Salaries in Pakistan
- Top 10 Audit Firms in Pakistan 2017
- Top Companies in Pakistan of Engineering 2017