Pakistan Air Force offers you wide range of work opportunities so that you can put to use in building a successful career. PAF provides you the most modern facilities, conductive environment and unmatched way of life where the best in you comes out.
PAF is selective in choosing the right type of young men as pilots to fly modern aircraft. Those candidates who are successfully selected can look forward to a rewarding career in General Duty (Pilot) Branch.
How to join PAF as GD pilot: The candidates who are able to meet the standards of general service training, flying and academics are commissioned as Pilot Officers in the GD (P) Branch of the PAF.
The profession of a combat pilot in the PAF is challenging and thrilling. Those who posses high level of intelligence, confidence, sound judgment, strong nerves and relentless determination can apply in GD pilot through permanent commission in PAF.
Eligibility criteria for GD pilot in PAF:
|General Duty (Pilot)|
|Nationality||:||Male / Female Citizen of Pakistan|
|Height||:||163cm For both Male &Female|
|Training||:||4 years at PAF Academy Risalpur leading to the award of BS in Aviation Sciences and Management from Air University Islamabad|
|Type of Commission||:||Permanent Commission (PC)|
|Educational Qualification||:||F.Sc with 60% marks in aggregate in any one of the following disciplines:-|
|:||‘A’ Level with Physics, Math and Biology|
Join Pakistan Air Force PAF As Pilot Apply Online
The following selection procedure can be followed for the selection of GD Pilot in Pakistan Air Force.
- Advertisement in leading newspapers
- Intelligence Test followed by Academic Test
- Preliminary medical examination at PAF I&S Centers
- Filling-up of application Forms which are dispatched to GHQ for scrutiny of their previous candidature
- ISSB tests and interview
- Central Medical Board at PAF Masroor Karachi
- Flying Aptitude Test of GD (P) candidates
- Preparation of merit list by Air Headquarters
- Issuance of joining instructions for training at PAF Academy Risalpur
- Twice rejected by inter services Selection board (ISSB), (GHQ), (NHQ), (AHQ)
- Once rejected by ISSB and once rejected by any services’ Selection Board
- Twice rejected by ISSB or any service Selection Board for specific higher qualification course
- If declared permanently unfit by Armed Forces Appeal Medical Board (AFAMB)
- Candidates who have concealed or provided any incorrect information at the time of registration
On successful completion of training the aviation cadets are commissioned in the GD (P) Branch of the PAF.