Admissions in various Ph.D. degree programs are currently being offered by the University of Engineering and Technology (UET), Lahore and for this, all applications from all the individuals have been invited who want to seek admission in any of the offered programs. The application forms are available on the official website of UET and the candidates will have to submit their forms for admission online by logging into the website. After successfully filling all the required information, take a printout of the filled application, attach all the required documents with it and submit it to the respective department till 10th May. The forms will be submitted during working days (Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 400 p.m.) and no application after the due date or working hours will be entertained under any circumstances.
According to the official advertisement released by the official authority, the Ph.D. admissions are being offered in various departments including the faculties of Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture & Planning and Earth Sciences and Engineering. In order to be considered eligible for admission in any of the offered program, a certain eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the applicant which is listed below.
- Candidate must fulfill HEC’s admission test criterion.
- Candidate should hold a M.Sc./ M.Phil (18+ years degree) or equivalent degree in relevant discipline with first division or minimum CGPA of 3 out of 4.
- Last Date of Form Submission: 10 May,
- Written Entry Test Date: 15 May,
In addition to this, there is a requirement for passing an admission test too. The entry test will be a GAT (Subject) held under the supervision of National Testing Service on 15th May. Even for disciplines that are not included in the NTS list, the University of Engineering & Technology will still organize a special GAT (Subject) test 2018 on 15th May in the Seminar Hall of Department of Chemical Engineering.
Disciplines opening Ph.D admission in 2017 – 2018 are listed below
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Architectural Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Water resource management
- Water resource Engineering
- Engineering Hydrology
- City & Regional Planning
- Islamic Studies
Eligibility for Admission in PhD
1(a) Eligibility requirement for admission into PhD program is that the candidate must earned a M.Sc./ M.Phil (17+ years degree) or equivalent degree in the relevant discipline in first division or with a CGPA of 3.0 out of a maximum of 4.0 (in case, applicant’s transcript shows percentage as well as CGPA, CGPA would be considered for eligibility. CGPAs on a scale other than 4.00 would be translated accordingly).
1(b) Candidates should meet HEC’s admission test criterion.
Application Form and Procedure:
The application for admission shall be filled online, Available from 05th April, 2017 so just click here to fill your application form
There are a couple of scholarships available too for full time Ph.D. students who will be selected for admission in engineering disciplines with an outstanding academic record. The scholarship includes fill tuition fee along with a monthly stipend of Rs. 40,000.
Check Other Related Topics
- GC Women University Sialkot Admission 2018 Form Online Entry Test Preparation Merit Lists
- Allama Iqbal Open University BA B.Ed Admission 2017 Forms Download Online and Last Date Submission
- PIEAS Entry Test 2017 Schedule and Dates
- NUST Entry Test 2018 Schedule and Dates
- VU Pakistan Admission 2018 Spring Last Date Schedule Apply Online Registration
- UHS Lahore Certificate in Medical Teaching Admission 2018 Online Form Registration Dates
- NTU Faisalabad Admission 2018 Form Download Online Registration Schedule for PhD MS and MBA
- Check Punjab Medical Colleges Final Merit List 2018 all Candidates Admission